free website stats program Any common problems/issues 2010 model? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any common problems/issues 2010 model?

My feelings of the Stock harley Out the Door...

Much to Lean (hot) and Much to Quiet!
The usual thing to do is a full stage one: example

My 09 FLHR , I put on V&H slip-on and Now it is very nice, mellow but louder sound with *Less back pressure on the motor.(*a good thing)

Then I installed an air breather KIT that lets in more Air.
I used the HD screm'n eagle which uses my original air cover.. The newer air element is easy to wash clean and allows more air into the engine..

Now all this Makes the bike run Way to Lean, so I installed a TFI, by Dobecks.
A very inexpensive unit(compared to others) that improves metering of fuel (more) in a simple to install and adjust way..

Many here Like the TFI unit, it has been trouble free and does the Job right!

Good rides ahead, so get it done and you'll be happy!

These newer bikes run warmer (lean) and the Full stage one Helps cool them a bit...

signed....BUBBIE

I will say that the TFI was the best investment and overall improvement Ive made to the bike, It was because of the guys here who pointed me in the right direction, and I keep saying it,, This is by far the BEST Forum Ive been on,,, you will not be sorry..Ride safe. Tim

What Bubbie says is right on IMO. I would just add that I also run full synthetic oil as well. This will reduce the oil temp some while giving you superior engine protection. I use Mobil One V Twin because of it's proven track record and it's easy availability, but there are others as well.:p

1900 miles on FLHP died on the side of the road. DTC code P0131 and P1531 running on one cyl. find out today the cause.

Back