free website stats program Any boat wrenchers here. | Harley Davidson Forums

Any boat wrenchers here.

Davidw2415

Friends of mine took their boat to Table Rock lake for the week. When they had it out they noticed water coming from the exhaust and fuel spilling onto the water surface. they said there didn't seem to be any loss of power and that it seemed to be running fine at top speed of 32 miles MPH. The motor is an Murc. 85hp. By the way this boat is a Delta which my friends parents bought when she was 10 years old. She'll be 50 next mouth. It's her pride and joy.

yeppy ruinnie, I have a 1980 mastercraft. Runs like a champ. I also have water flowing threw the exhaust. It's normal, Merc's also, that's how they work. the fuel is unburned gas. also normal. boats need water pumped from the lake ,river, ocean or what ever to cool the engine then exits the engine threw the exhuast. It is What it is.

There should be water coming out of a small spout squirting in to the lake letting you know that the water pump is working.

Best boat is someone else's boat:s.The water in the exhaust?well depends on if its a outboard or inboard.Its a delta ill guess and say its a outboard no problem with water in exhaust.

Water polution from boats is a common occurance on older water cooled engines...reason why you are seeing more and more signs not allowing them in protected water reeervoir areas. :(

Back