free website stats program Antique Engine Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Antique Engine Question

jagcap

Hello Guys ! I have an old Harley engine recently acquired that I would like to obtain info on. The engine is numbered 29JDC6395. I found info on many models including J, JD, JDCA, etc. but nothing on JDC---. If anyone out there can share specific knowledge about the JDC engine, or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Last edited:
The first two numbers indicate the model year, i.e. 1929. However this site lists a JDC
in 1924 and 1925 but not 1929. According to them the JDC is a 74c.i. 18hp v-twin.
Hope this leads you in the right direction.

American-V History

The JDC stood for aluminum alloy pistons in 24 and 25 jd models

Hello Guys ! I have an old Harley engine recently acquired that I would like to obtain info on. The engine is numbered 29JDC6395. I found info on many models including J, JD, JDCA, etc. but nothing on JDC---. If anyone out there can share specific knowledge about the JDC engine, or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I love history and the origin of "things". Do you mind sharing on the forum any history you know of the engine? Was it on a cycle that Elvis rode? :laugh
It seems to me you really have a wonderful Harley artifact there. Is it complete, do you think it runs?

(no pressure)

One other thing, you may want to PM C. Dolan who is our resident go to guy when it comes to finding and collecting antique V-Twin Iron...he may even have a sample or picture or two to share with us, from his stable...! I really have a nostagic heart running the blood in my veins to be sure...!:D

Back