free website stats program anti-vibration grips? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

anti-vibration grips?

Looking forward to hearing about how the grips feel on the bike Redfish-joe.

They look good and have a good feel to them. Now, just got to ride a little. They are about 1/4th inch longer than the stock grips. I don't see a problem with that.

Custom Chrome foam grips work good for me. Changing to poly bushings helped also.
Biggest change was getting bars adjusted to my hands/arms. Am installing slight pullback risers shortly. Seems I was always pulling on grips/bars and thumb/2 fingers would start tingling/numb feeling, just leaning forward a couple of inches taking strain off wrists and feeling will come back. Will see.
wilks3

Cyclops has the right idea for preventing numbness and cold fingers, without any cost...just simply do not GRIP too tightly...in fact I "hook" my fingers around the grips to just contact my thumb. Try this the next time you have cold hands, ease the tension around the grip and if you "were" holding on too tight, you will feel a rush of warmth as blood circulation gets to the inside of the hands, this area should not be cold anyway as it is out of the airflow.

Don't feel bad, gripping too hard is a common "habit"...racers learn this trick so they have better "road feel" with improved throttle and control response. The great Eddie Lawson was asked why he did not have any wrist and carpel tunnel hand problems after multiple heat race weekends after 10 years into his MotoGP World championship campaign...he does lots of physical conditioning, but simple hand/wrist stretching exercises before the race by pressing the hands back with the opposite hand..."pancake flexing"! Try it...it works!

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing about how the grips feel on the bike Redfish-joe.

Went for a little ride today. The grips felt good. A little larger than stock. The knurled surface of the grips were somewhat "sticky" to my winter gauntlets which have suede palms. Once I got accustom to the feel of the "stickiness" against the suede, I must say I really like them.

I have to agree with wilks3 about changing to the poly bushings.
Noticed a little "play" in my bars and changed the bushings.
Still have stock grips but helped my hands changing them.
Pretty cheap and easy job to do with good results. (Search the forum for handlebar bushings)

Update;
I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips, heat demons and poly riser bushings.
Went for my first ride with the new stuff. Way better ! My mirrors don't even vibrate anymore my hands felt great and the heat demons grip warmers are very nice!
Thanks for all the advice.

Buy a Honda! I think it is funny alot of you buy a Harley and then buy all this stuff to make it un Harley. But to each his or her own.

Buy a Honda! I think it is funny alot of you buy a Harley and then buy all this stuff to make it un Harley. But to each his or her own.

Your almost sound negative!

I think one of the best parts of Harley ownership is customizing your bike. If you do it for looks or comfort it's still a Harley Davidson.

Back