free website stats program anti-vibration grips? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

anti-vibration grips?

If you have a hollow handlebar, take a look at the Barsnake (no it is not something hazardous when you go out drinking), but it could be...

Barsnake.com ©2010 Barsnake LLC

tn673s3.jpg

Looking for feed back on your efforts to reduce vibration im feeling through my grips and handle bars. Thinking a good first step would be to try some new grips, the stock ones feel great but i have trouble with my throtle hand going numb. Couple of grips i have found that might work are the Kuryakyn ISO grip, Avon air grip, maybe the H-D foam grip? A throtle rocker might also help?
Thanks in advance.

Check this out:

Bar Snake - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Put a set of Iso-grip on my softail a few months back, absolutely love them, they do help with dampening the vibration.

On my Sporty - Kuryakyn ISO grips along with a roll of pennies taped together inside each handlebar (same theory as the BarSnake.)

On my FLHX - love my Aileron grips.

Looking for feed back on your efforts to reduce vibration im feeling through my grips and handle bars. Thinking a good first step would be to try some new grips, the stock ones feel great but i have trouble with my throtle hand going numb. Couple of grips i have found that might work are the Kuryakyn ISO grip, Avon air grip, maybe the H-D foam grip? A throtle rocker might also help?
Thanks in advance.
Physically speaking, it's not the vibration that's makes the throttle hand go numb, it's the actual grip. Gripping the throttle tight, or gripping anything tight for that matter, for an extended period of time cuts off the blood flow to the hand. Just mentioning this, because, while different style grips will definitely reduce some of the vibration, they may not necessarily prevent the hand from going numb if the cause, or part of the cause, is due to the physical gripping.

Thanks everyone for the good input.
Having been a marine mechanic for more than twenty years has taken its toll on my wrists, a torn ligament in my right thumb has not helped. My gripping is soft and i sometimes will just rest my hand on the throtle to rotate it. I rest my hand as much as i can while riding but still have problems with my right hand only.
Maybe a small diameter grip would help?
The iso grip sounds like its worth a try.
The wiring is inside my handle bars so the bar snake would have to be cut up and trimed to fit so it might lose its effectiveness.

Back