anti-vibration grips?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by boatdoc, Jan 9, 2011.

1. boatdoc

boatdoc Member

Looking for feed back on your efforts to reduce vibration im feeling through my grips and handle bars. Thinking a good first step would be to try some new grips, the stock ones feel great but i have trouble with my throtle hand going numb. Couple of grips i have found that might work are the Kuryakyn ISO grip, Avon air grip, maybe the H-D foam grip? A throtle rocker might also help?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Better grips are a big plus over stock, may look at changing the riser bushings and check all motor mounts and stabilizer links:s

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good grip Steve, I liked the old school nostalgic bike style H D sells, got a set in Daytona on sale for 20 bucks:D

4. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

try buying the grips hooked to a goldwing...just kidding, I thought that it was one of the things we just accepted as part of riding a Harley and found that I don't feel much vibration untill sitting at a light.:D

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have the iso grips on all my bikes they worked wee for me on one bike and got round to fitting them to all the bikes they do help to dampen vibration a bit

Brian

6. ZZroadking

ZZroadking Member

Boatdoc, you will find a grip upgrade will improve comfort. I have a set of ISO grips I installed with the throttle assist. I also added a throttle assist/wrist rest on the left side. They (Kuryakyn assists) come in a larger size which is great for the hand usually on the bars. For me it is the left as I use cruise on hwy. A definate increase in comfort! You may also try to adjust your grip technique. I found a softer hold allowed the blood in my hands and arms to circulate better which helped reduce numbness as well. Good luck..

7. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

I have the Iso and they work well to help combat the numbness no probs since i installed them

8. JerryL

JerryL Member

Set your cruise control, either the electronic cruise, or the suicide screw, and drop your hand for a bit.

9. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

10. boatdoc

boatdoc Member

Now Thats Funny!