free website stats program Anti theft | Harley Davidson Forums

Anti theft

Aces Full

I've been hearing about quite a bit of motorcycle theft in Myrtle Beach, SC... and of course, that's where my family picked to go on vacation.

As anyone heard of Mictro Trak? I can't post a link because I have just started posting here, but it's microtrakgps.com. You'll have to insert the www stuff in front of that...sorry.

If so, any input on their service?

I never heard of that but My Local Dealer is selling the FIN Security System
which is a GPS Tracking Device installed on the Bike. I just picked up a 08 Softail Deluxe to go with My RG and had it installed, Very Nice System!

Gannett Directories

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo
2008 Softail Deluxe - Anniversary

The link is not working, I apologize for this, I will look it up and repost it.

If you haven't already done it. You might want to check with your Insurance company, they might give you a discount for having a tracking device like lojack ect. installed on your bike. About two months ago in Frederick,Md someone stole a Screaming Eagle bike from a Mall right outside the Sears store. They said the owner was inside for less that 5 minutes and when he came out it was gone. It was locked also. The feeling on the street is that it was a gang that did it. I think the tracking device is a great idea and hopfully a deterent to theft in the future when they catch a few of them with the bike, maybe the word will get around.

A while ago I read one of the funniest posts ever and it pertained to this topic. Someone was asking about preventing theft while the HD was parked at a motel for the night and one of the replies was, "Just put a Honda motorcycle cover over it and noone will even give it a second glance!"

Apologies in advance to any closet Honda lovers lurking here!

A while ago I read one of the funniest posts ever and it pertained to this topic. Someone was asking about preventing theft while the HD was parked at a motel for the night and one of the replies was, "Just put a Honda motorcycle cover over it and noone will even give it a second glance!"

Apologies in advance to any closet Honda lovers lurking here!

Dont laugh, but I have seen it done. When ever this guy parks his HD at work he uses a Goldwing Cover.

Good idea using a Honda cover, but don't forget to brush the rice hulls off of your bike before riding after you remove the cover. "Ha Ha":D

I never heard of that but My Local Dealer is selling the FIN Security System
which is a GPS Tracking Device installed on the Bike. I just picked up a 08 Softail Deluxe to go with My RG and had it installed, Very Nice System!

Not much info on the website. What kind of cost does it run, and are you paying a monthly fee to keep it activated, ala Lojack?

Just do your due dilligence...set your HD TSSM w/ immobilizer, use two locks, one to an immovable object and other could be disc lock or like. Use of a cover (no label) is optional...but sometimes it attracts more attention to the fact that you are going to be gone awhile. Security is only a matter of the would be thief' persistance and engenuity, which unfortunately is a lot more than law biding folks.

Back