free website stats program Anti-corrosion Spray | Harley Davidson Forums

Anti-corrosion Spray

cedarbrook63

Has anyone ever come across an anti-corrosion spray called LPSIII? Produced by LPS Laboratories, 4647 Hugh Howell Road, Tucker, GA 30085

It comes in aerosol spray and is used as an anti-corrosion surface treatment on helicopters and aircraft. I have heard of some guys using it on their bikes who have struggled to get S100 anti-corrosion spray.

Anyone familiar with it or any thoughts?

I can't comment about LPS3 specifically, but we used LPS products at the space center and at 2 air force bases I worked at. I just remember grabbing LPS or WD40 interchangably. It's been around a while, if the US govt. uses it it must either be good or cheap.

By FAR LPS products (any product #) is better than WD40. WD40 is more of a solvent than anything else. What are you trying to protect.

By FAR LPS products (any product #) is better than WD40. WD40 is more of a solvent than anything else. What are you trying to protect.

It's as a possible alternative to S100 anti corrosion spray which is recommended for winter lay up or for protecting non-painted surfaces during road salt season or if riding a lot near the sea. I don't know a lot about using S100, (a can of which I recently bought) - is it mainly used on wheels, spokes etc? but not on the painted frame?

ACF50 is advertised as used by USAF to protect its many aircraft,is this not a similar spray being talked about? its quite expensive £12 a can,bit messy but many swear by it(checkout Hobbits handy tip ref use......submerge in hot water 15min B4 use)

ACF50 is advertised as used by USAF to protect its many aircraft,is this not a similar spray being talked about? its quite expensive £12 a can,bit messy but many swear by it(checkout Hobbits handy tip ref use......submerge in hot water 15min B4 use)

Thanks Danny, I'm out for a ride soon with Hobbit so I'll pick his mighty brain about it when I see him :D:D

LPS 3 is Great stuff. You can purchase it in gallon cans which is far cheaper than spray cans in the long run. I would say LPS 3 is as good as any, easy to apply & easy to remove protector. It is not thin and watery like WD 40. You can really lay it on thick almost like hand cream. Brownish Gold in color. You will be pleased, I am sure. Smells a little like cosmolene. Will not hurt painted surfaces. ACE hardware carries LPS products. You can also get it in gallon, non aerosol can. WW Grainger also carries it. Grainger also sells a Hi Quality Quart size Brass pressure sprayer if you want to go crazy with the stuff.

S100 is designed to be used on the whole bike. It works great on paint.
if you want to polish it out after you spray it it even looks good.
Thats what makes it different than a lot of other sparys

Hi Smitty - in the instructions on the back of the can, it says
"Spray fine mist onto metal surfaces to be protected or onto soft cloth. Avoid brake system, tires, seats, foot pegs and hand grips. Buff out using soft dry cloth. Reapply several times during riding season. For Winter Layup and long term storage: Spray on all UNPAINTED METAL SURFACES and simply allow to stand. Upon removal from storage buff out with soft cloth or remove residue using S100 Total Cycle Cleaner"

So my query is - is it ok to apply to paint or are they warning us off using on paintwork? Maybe I'm being a bit dim here......:(

Thanks for clearing that up for me Smitty. The wording is a little unclear at first reading for a newbie to the product. :D

Back