antennae stud covers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by AliveAgain, Jul 27, 2011.

1. AliveAgain

AliveAgain Member

I tried the search feature with no luck. I have a 2006 ultra that the previous owner installed an internal antenna in the fairing. Now I have the two studs sticking up on the tour pack. Is there anything that fits over this to tidy up the looks? Does anyone make gnomes or other figurines that might be able to screw on? I am open to all suggestions.

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Do you know what size the threads are?

3. Eagle Rider

Eagle Rider Member

So this on EBAY - Antenna Delete.

Attached Files:

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I just went to the garage and checked. A 1/4"-28 die goes on the stub nicely.
    There are a zillion cute tire valve caps on the market. They are a larger size, but a dab of silicon inside should hold them on.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I can't remember where I got it but I bought a stubby, black, rubber antenna that I screwed onto this stub for looks only.

6. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

Looks like a good place for a couple of flag brackets.

7. oiler

oiler Active Member

The size of the stud is 6m.

8. ultra rider 05

ultra rider 05 Member

I used a black plastic spacer and a chrome crown nut.

9. AliveAgain

AliveAgain Member

I had thought about the rubber covers but thought that looked too bland and I'm not into the flag waving thing on a bike. However if there is a web site that sells these, it would be cool for special occasions. Maybe some ornate directional blinkers mounted there or perhaps one of those mini cameras to record a trip. I just got a bull mastiff puppy and thought some mini models of the dog breed drilled out and glued to the post but it is close to the back of the tour pack. Deer whistles?

10. Eagle Rider

Eagle Rider Member

From everything that I have read on this...looks like most create their own.

I am sure if someone came up with a good idea, others would buy it.