free website stats program Antenna | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Antenna

I'm certain that your have ruined your SWR with cutting 12 inches from your CB antenna. This will be very harsh for your CB radio if you talk on it frequently.

I cut about 12" off both of mine and put it back on. works great and dosent hit the garage door anymore.

I bought the J&M short antennas and found them to be poor much like the rest of J&M's products. Expensive does not equal good quality. They worked fine in the city but very poorly in rural areas. the stock antennas are back on the bike.

I'd like to find some tie down clips for the stock antennas. Something that looks reasonably good and could be easily unclipped when I'm on the road and want full function.

Anyone know of anything?

Right after I bought my Ultra, I noticed that both antennas were at exactly the correct height to poke me right in the eye every time I walked behind the bike! I cut about eight inches off the bottom of each and reinstalled. There was no difference in reception but since I'm going to the hidden (under fairing) antennas, no matter.

Got these at Advance Auto Parts about $5.00 each. Cut off the base undid the set screw in the original mounts put these in tightened the set screw. 10 minutes. Can tell no difference in radio reception, can receive on the CB. Haven't tried to xmit don't know anyone with a CB.

Harley004.jpg

I also would like to know where the end of the co-axiel antenna lead ends.I installed a cheap hidden antenna and it doesn't work well in outline areas so I'd like to install a rear fender mounted one.

On my 04 flhtp the coax is under the left side cover right in there over the fuse box. I would guess it is there on the flh also.

I also would like to know where the end of the co-axiel antenna lead ends.I installed a cheap hidden antenna and it doesn't work well in outline areas so I'd like to install a rear fender mounted one.

in the left side cover, it will be wrapped up and zip-tied along with the brake and running lights connector for the tour pack.

Anyone ever make a quick disconnect for their tour pack? I would like to purchase a TP for my street glide. In a perfect world I would just spin off the stock whip and attach a wire to a second antenna already mounted to the tour pack. Idea clip on TP, spin off factory antenna, and connect wire from TP to factory antenna stud. Possible? I have an 09' SG looking to buy a chopped tour pack or a king tour pack. Thanks,

Back