free website stats program Antenna ideas | Harley Davidson Forums

Antenna ideas

PeteINny

I just put a Sony Marine radio in my 2008 FLHTP. I used the Hawg Wired Cradle and Hogtunes speakers. Any recomendations on an antenna? I have a king tourpack that is detachable. I have thought about the hidden type of antennas but have heard mixed things about them. Any input would be great.
Thanks

On my 93 i installed a car antenna inside my fer ring at top worked good got it at swap meet 3 bucks,,

Glider,
Do you have first hand experience with this antenna? Does anyone have any experience with the j and m hidden power antenna?

I have a powered antenna in my fairing from one of the local auto supply stores and it works great. A lot cheaper than the ones marketed as motorcycle-specific in my opinion.

I went with one of those $22 dollar hidden ones from streetglidekota on ebay. Seems to do well, but I don't listen to the radio that much..
Mostly listen to Ipod. Then again, I don't think that bikes look good with antenna's either. JMO..

Pete; I have the hidden tune trapper type (not positive of brand) in my fairing. I noticed favorite stations fading when in rural areas. I got a $7 shorty black flex antenna from an auto parts, and a "Y" adapter for the antenna wires (on line about $10 shipped). Now I have two antenna's when the tour pack is on, one antenna when tour pack is off. I use the whip antenna for long trips, the reception is stronger. Between the antennas, mp3,
and a cd with hours of music, I seldom have to listen to the pipes anymore.:D

Back