Antenna ideas

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by PeteINny, Apr 26, 2010.

1. PeteINny

PeteINny Active Member

I just put a Sony Marine radio in my 2008 FLHTP. I used the Hawg Wired Cradle and Hogtunes speakers. Any recomendations on an antenna? I have a king tourpack that is detachable. I have thought about the hidden type of antennas but have heard mixed things about them. Any input would be great.
    Thanks

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

On my 93 i installed a car antenna inside my fer ring at top worked good got it at swap meet 3 bucks,,

4. PeteINny

PeteINny Active Member

Glider,
    Do you have first hand experience with this antenna? Does anyone have any experience with the j and m hidden power antenna?

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Not on my bike but I have put them on other bikes and they work well.

6. PeteINny

PeteINny Active Member

Glider,
    Thanks, I think I may give them a try. I like the hidden look.

7. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have a powered antenna in my fairing from one of the local auto supply stores and it works great. A lot cheaper than the ones marketed as motorcycle-specific in my opinion.

8. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

I went with one of those $22 dollar hidden ones from streetglidekota on ebay. Seems to do well, but I don't listen to the radio that much..
    Mostly listen to Ipod. Then again, I don't think that bikes look good with antenna's either. JMO..

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Pete; I have the hidden tune trapper type (not positive of brand) in my fairing. I noticed favorite stations fading when in rural areas. I got a $7 shorty black flex antenna from an auto parts, and a "Y" adapter for the antenna wires (on line about $10 shipped). Now I have two antenna's when the tour pack is on, one antenna when tour pack is off. I use the whip antenna for long trips, the reception is stronger. Between the antennas, mp3,
    and a cd with hours of music, I seldom have to listen to the pipes anymore.:D

10. PeteINny

PeteINny Active Member

Thanks for the ideas