free website stats program Anoying Gas Cap Rattle | Harley Davidson Forums

Anoying Gas Cap Rattle

Rick-e

Aside from buying some after market caps for about $100 / pair is there an easy fix for this?

on my 75 fl i put thicker rubber gasket, viton, do not know if still made the same & there were brass fingers under this rubber that can be bent..

I had one that rattled on a previous bike. I put the proper size "O" ring over the threads and it stopped it.

I had the Stealers get me a new cap for my 80 FLH, it was a Gary Bang, I said your kidding me , they did not have an OEM cap in stock LOL

My 96 gas caps started rattling after 10 years.I placed them upside down on a folded towel and used a punch to put a couple of small dimples on the bottom.That stopped the rattle.

1+ to Whatyardwork said, had friends do the same, drove me crazy...till I I got frustrated. A little mallet and punch can do good OR do serious damage if you are not careful!

Thanks for the replies. I found some OEM style caps at JP that look good. The flush mount or low profile caps aren't the look I'm going for on my Heritage. In the meantime, I'll try the punch trick.

Back