free website stats program ANOTHER TFI Situation.. Heeeeelp | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

ANOTHER TFI Situation.. Heeeeelp

I understand your frustration but trust me,, your bike will be way hotter & leaner putting it back to factory stock w/ only a dealer download.
In order to get what you want (the fuel enrichment of a TFI without any add-on black box), you would need to buy a SEST and manually re-map it yourself. The dealership can't do it without breaking the law.

The problem is the download is not enough, especially not for a 2010. I would not run my 2009 with only a factory download because the download does nothing for curb idle RPM or the majority of steady state cruise RPM. Look at the dyno pull sheets members frequently post. The A/F line at the bottom is 13.6 at WOT,, while under open loop control. Under closed loop control, you still will be at 14.6. That's lean across the board.. even at WOT which will be 13.6.

I think the Dealer will eventually out frustrate any other company out there. But as many say it is your bike.

Hi everyone,
Was able to call Chris from Laconia. Here is the scoop.
Chris claims that he shipped me the unit "he wants me to have for my FLHX". According to him, the wires/plugs that come out of the Gen 3 and which go into the O2 sensors do nothing. He claims they are dummies. With the unit he just shipped me, he wants me to hook up the injectors and simply unplug the O2 plugs. ie: keep them unplugged. He said it will throw a code but not one which will make the check engine light go on.

I have to tell you I personally am getting tired of all of this. Seems like a constant battle to "trick" the engine and look where that got me. I plan on doing no more mods and frankly I'm leaning towards cutting my losses and just paying $200 for the download from Dealer. This way I know bike is running properly and as it should with no "tricks" or unplugged wires. A $26k bike and I am messing around with trying to save a few hundred dollars. I guess I'm just tired of it all.

As always, I welcome anyone's opinions /thoughts.

Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

WELL YOU asked and gave ME permission......

I think You don't understand the SIMPLE Problem you have. WE DO....

The Problem we HAVE is trying to make you understand WE ARE Helping you.... You just can't do what we asked so WHY ASK US HERE...

Most of Us Understand Bikes and we are NOT leading you astray.

You want to do a Harley thing, Go ahead, spend you money there and Your bike will NOT run as good as it did using the Gen3...

I figure it this way, You can lead a Horse to water but you can't make it drink.

In your case,,,,, I am sure of what I tell you to be accurate and you just go around Not believing what I said...

IT IS really frustrating for me to TRY to HELP you and you just won't come around the way I would want you to do.

I am finished with Trying to have you Drink the Water. I wash my hands of this......

Best Of Luck with YOUR Problem...

signed....BUBBIE

Good morning,
I'll install the new unit this weekend and see what happens. I assumed (wrongfully so by the comments here) that the download would do what the Gen 3 does but as a one shot solution.. I guess I was wrong.

I'll give full report once all is installed
Tks
WAP.gif

WELL YOU asked and gave ME permission......

I think You don't understand the SIMPLE Problem you have. WE DO....

The Problem we HAVE is trying to make you understand WE ARE Helping you.... You just can't do what we asked so WHY ASK US HERE...

Most of Us Understand Bikes and we are NOT leading you astray.

You want to do a Harley thing, Go ahead, spend you money there and Your bike will NOT run as good as it did using the Gen3...

I figure it this way, You can lead a Horse to water but you can't make it drink.

In your case,,,,, I am sure of what I tell you to be accurate and you just go around Not believing what I said...

IT IS really frustrating for me to TRY to HELP you and you just won't come around the way I would want you to do.

I am finished with Trying to have you Drink the Water. I wash my hands of this......

Best Of Luck with YOUR Problem...

signed....BUBBIE

AMEN Bubbie, this post is really confusing to me. Dobock sent the guy a new unit, put it on or send it back, the dealer down load will not be as good a fix as the Dobeck. If you install the Dobeck you will still get the O2 sensor low alarms, THEY MEAN NOTHING, they are just telling you the 02 sensors are not working which you already know because you unhooked them. THEY ARE NO LONGER NECESSARY.

By the way Oiler the 02 bypasses did not "work" on my brothers '11, they eliminated the 02 heater alarm but not the 02 sensor alarms, after talking to Chris and understanding the codes I determined that it just didn't matter anyway. So we all good, just got back off a 2200 mile ride with the '11 (with codes) and my '06 BOTH running the Dobeck GEN3's with absolutely no probs. This is a great product and at less than $200 bucks with the hdtimeline discount plus their great support group I can't imagine a better solution out there.

Good morning,
Well, it's been a tough week for me. I got a lot of "beatings" here and some of you pulled out all the stops and went after me in bold red letters.. Wasn't easy to digest lol..

Anyhooo.. Took tank off this a.m. And within 30 minutes new Gen 3 is installed and all went well. Started her up and ahhhhh it just sounds better and I enjoy the scent coming out of the pipe. Thank you to you all.

Just one last question please. The O2 plugs under the side cover.. I just used tie wraps to keep them together but of course unplugged . Is this ok or need to wrap them in special plastic so no water gets in?.

Thanks again to all of you. I'll report back soon after a few rides.
WAP.gif

Just one last question please. The O2 plugs under the side cover.. I just used tie wraps to keep them together but of course unplugged . Is this ok or need to wrap them in special plastic so no water gets in?.

I'm guessing they're protected well enough being under the side cover...BUT...if it gives you peace of mind, it certainly wouldn't hurt to try and waterproof them a bit more. Wrap with electrical tape or put a small balloon over them - uninflated of course!

Just got back from a nice ride.. Ahhhhh I got my old bike back. Engine idles like a kitten, smooth growl from pipes, power is back and immediate. My universe is complete.
WAP.gif

Just got back from a nice ride.. Ahhhhh I got my old bike back. Engine idles like a kitten, smooth growl from pipes, power is back and immediate. My universe is complete.
WAP.gif

israguard,

WELL,,, It IS about time you got that bike Back to running good.:D

Glad you are Back in the saddle again.

All Is Well That Ends Well..EH?.:bigsmiley23:

signed....BUBBIE

Back