Another t-shirt story...really

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Nails, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Nails

Nails Member

Earlier this year Smitty posted about his new RG ultra and how satisfied he was with his new bike and I started the spiral. I've been looking at the RG ultra since this past winter but just couldn't pull the trigger. The HD guys knew me by first name, each time I went into either of the dealerships and started looking at bikes they would just walk by and say hi.

Last Friday I go to the dealership to get a long sleeve white t-shirt (have to have long sleeves and hi-vis on a military installation) and start looking at the bikes. My wife is with me and actually says "quit looking and just get the one that I want". I had to wave the salesman over. Drove two RG ultras and a Ultra limited...traded in and bought the black RG ultra with a stage II kit in it and got the t-shirt for free. Really is a noticeable difference in the riding characteristics of the '11 touring models compared to my '04 Ultra.

Anyways, another "just went in to get a t-shirt" story. Been smiling all week!

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

My wife is with me and actually says "quit looking and just get the one that I want".

What a woman!! Definite a keeper. Oh congrats on the bike!

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Congrats on the new steed and may you make many miles of smiles...
    Those wives can sure be something at times....:)

4. bootlegger

bootlegger Member

Congratulations on your new ride. I'd love to have a new RG Ultra. That's also what my wife said when I got my Ultra. I think she was just tired of me looking.

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Congrats on the new bike. Pics would be nice............

Bodeen

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Congrats to you - your wife had good taste & 2nd on the pics pls...:D

7. TarzanT

TarzanT Member

Didn't get the chance to pick... went to drool on the chrome (again) and the wife had already closed the deal. Walked into the dealer looking for the RK that had caught my eye, saw a SOLD tag, and started to move on. The wife told me to see whose name was on the tag... after getting my jaw off the floor, I took the new bike home and the wife to a fancy dinner. Three months later I've still got a silly grin on my face!

8. cheap80z28

cheap80z28 Member

Three months later I've still got a silly grin on my face!

thought that was going to say, three months later I still have both

9. Nails

Nails Member

Re: Another t-shirt story...really**pix**

Pictures from a ride out of Fort Collins, Co yesterday.

Attached Files:

10. DakotaRob

DakotaRob Active Member

Congrats on the new ride! Sweet bike!

I think I need to go "t shirt" shopping! :s