free website stats program Another Stupid Vibration Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Stupid Vibration Question

joetter

Before I start, let me say that my bike doesn't shake more than its supposed to. I've got a 125 in it, and at cruising speeds, I don't think that the thing vibrates even a little bit. Problem is, my wife doesn't seem to agree. Says after more than 15 minutes, her back itches and she can't feel her feet any more. I've checked everything (motormounts ect.) and everything is in good working order. So my question is this: Is there anything that I can do to eliminate some of the vibration that she seems to feel (mostly in the floorboards) or do I just need to get her some boots with 6 inch soles?

With a 125 in the bike, you may need a different seat. Your wifes problems could come from pressure on a nerve or something of that nature.

+1 for that. With the problem showing up in both her back and her feet, that is sort of point to a possible pressure/nerve related problem.
If it was just a high frequency vibration being transmitted thru the boards, it would put her feet to sleep, but I would think that you would also feel it.
I'd find a bud with a different seat who is willing to let you try it. Swap it out and give it a try. Doesn't even need to be the most comfortable, or good looking. Just so it sits her in a little different position.

I relieved some of my wife's discomfort by lowering the foot pegs. Took some pressure off something and she's more comfortable and not wanting a new seat

I went by the local dealer yesterday, told them the problem and asked if I could try out a couple different seats to see if that would help. The guy told me that seats wouldn't help at all, and wouldn't let me try one out. Doh. I have talked to a friend with a street glide though, and he's gonna let me borrow one this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Back