free website stats program Another Stator Problem!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Stator Problem!!

I also have a question for TQ. Are you sure kit #29999-97B Alternator Upgrade doesn't already include a stator? Everything I read implies it does. Man, that is a lot of money for just a rotor & gasket.

Tell me about it!! But that is all you get - rotor and Primary gasket. See pix here:

29999-97B, 45-Amp Charging System for Electra Glide® Models, Standard equipment on H-D&re

You can beat the price I paid (list!!) if you shop online. But I did not have time. This sort of problem (failure) is one that you need to go get the parts right now. C'est la vie.

TQ

That is amazing. You can buy a complete SE compensator which includes a new rotor w/ magnets for $250,,, but HD wants $264 for a "police" rotor and gasket as a kit. That's almost as bad as my (4) caliper quad seals for $142. Only available with 2 pistons. That is just wrong in my book.

I feel for the guys with the new generation 2011's. Body control modules and HDLAN. They force you
into having extended warranty whether you work on your own bike or not. There is just no way around it.

Back