free website stats program Another Recall 2014-2015 Touring Saddle Bag Receptacle | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Recall 2014-2015 Touring Saddle Bag Receptacle

rusntx

Recall # 15V-427
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company issued a recall stating that the saddlebag mounting receptacle, p/n 10900009 on some model year 2014 and 2015 Touring family vehicles may not adequately secure the saddlebag to the motorcycle during use. Problem may result in your bags going one way and you another. Recommend all owners of these bikes check to see if your bike is on the list. Will impact a lot of folks I'm sure. My 14 RK is effected by this recall.
WAP.gif

Got recall done Friday.Much more positive feel to the latch.Noticeable click when turned.:)

Mine to also. Great service from the dealer. Bike washed and rims cleaned all for free while I had coffee.
:D:D

A riding buddy just lost his right saddle bag off his 14' limited on a long road trip. He didnt know about the recall on the clips until he got back home but his insurance company is covering the loss which amounts to over 1k.

A riding buddy just lost his right saddle bag off his 14' limited on a long road trip. He didnt know about the recall on the clips until he got back home but his insurance company is covering the loss which amounts to over 1k.
Maybe he should have a conversation with HD so that he has no out of pocket expense if there is a deductible.

Back