free website stats program Another power dual ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Another power dual ?

fabricater; guess I'd want to know your overall goal w/this exhaust upgrade? Are you looking to reduce heat fm CAT, performance, or want TD sound? Headers + pipes are one of the easiest & ways to get that HD sound, but are you wanting to keep the bike fairly stock?

Im not into loud pipes and want to get rid of the cat to cool it down.I go on 3 days to aweek long trips and ride 8hr to 10hrs a day and loud pipes start bothering me. I used to ride a goldwing,so the stock mufflers are plenty loud enough. I am going to ad a fuel pack to richen it up some and hopefully gain some performace.If the stock mufflers will fit the power duals I can ad a after market muffler later on If I so choose.

Im not into loud pipes and want to get rid of the cat to cool it down.I go on 3 days to aweek long trips and ride 8hr to 10hrs a day and loud pipes start bothering me. I used to ride a goldwing,so the stock mufflers are plenty loud enough. I am going to ad a fuel pack to richen it up some and hopefully gain some performace.If the stock mufflers will fit the power duals I can ad a after market muffler later on If I so choose.

IF the stock mufflers on that bike are like the earlier ones in the few previous years, you should consider replacing them when you do the pipes to avoid any engine damage.
The LEFT muffler is basically a sound can and does not flow much at all.

know anything about the fi2000?

i am thinking about installing the fi2000 tuner on my 2007 ultra because i am told that it helps the "lean and heat issues" that plaque this partuculay year model. i have tried everything reasonable to knock the heat down from adding true duals, removing lower fairings, adding a stage one kit, heat shields at the seat and installing amsoil. the fi2000 is supposed to knock out 100 degrees of heat and its plug and play technology claims it will take away the lean burn problem. has anyone have any expereience with this unit or is everything i hear about the fi2000 just abunch of nonsense. i know there are alot of tuners out their but i am trying to find something more affordable to help with this lean and heat issue. as always your comments are always a great part of my decissions to help improve my ride. thanks

Likw glider states - stock '10 pipes have definite L & R so going w/TD header into stock probably isn't good option. Left side is pretty much a "ghost" pipe & you'll want equal pressure on both w/TD's. There are good/cheap pipes on the market & you'd want to sticl w/quiet baffel(s). Good luck w/the upgrades.

There was a recent post from someone who took off there Monster Ovals and put the stock mufflers back on their Power Duels. Don't recal who posted it.

Have the Kuryakin power dual 2 into 1 into 2 its the same pipe as the VH with the exception of the cover to the power chamber. I have had on VH mufflers as well as the stock CVO mufflers and also the Kuryakin Mufflers on a 2011. The only header pipe I am aware of that is larger is the rineharts, and a true 2 into 1 for the collector.

Back