free website stats program another oil?? SORRY I KNOW | Harley Davidson Forums

another oil?? SORRY I KNOW

tlg1100

My wife and I just bought two 2008 harleys hers a deluxe, mine a heritage.They are from two different dealers,The dealer her bike came from swore by regular oil? The dealer mine came from swore by synthetic??And they were both serviced by the dealer with that kind of oil before they were bought.So I would like to have the bike on the same oil So there goes the age old debate,Im sure both kinds of oil would be fine.Any comments or recommendation welcome,

Repeat after me "Synthetic is better then dino oil" It don't break down!
Thank you for your interest in this message.

Repeat after me "Synthetic is better then dino oil" It don't break down!
Thank you for your interest in this message.
And try to use a synthetic oil other than H.D. brand..........

Click on the self help tab at the top left of the page and select 'oil related tips'.
Start reading, come back and read some more every chance you get. Pretty soon you will start to form an opinion of your own of the type and brand you feel good about. We all have our favorites, and love to defend them. :)

I know that Synth is better... but which one? I have heard that the HD synth is the best, then some say not to use it at all, my shops runs Amsoil, which is in my bike now. I have even heard that HD won't honor the warranty if you use Amsoil...

Any good quality brand will do. The top 3 are Mobil1, Amsoil, Spectro. Most will not use synth H.D. oil. As to declining warrty let the dealer try to prove that you do not have H.D, syn in your bike. I do not think they will get away with it.

Be sure to use the regular oil in the primary. Issues with stator failure with syn oil. Syn ok for motor & tranny

Since I started here in march I have never seen a post regarding this issue. I would put my trust in the many HDT members that have decades of experience. Also I think the oil "polls" tell the story verry well.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard. I would go with synthetic in the motor and tranny. If I were you, when you decide which oil you're going to use to use the same in both bikes. Less oil to keep on hand.

Back