free website stats program Another oil question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another oil question

M1 always been at home in my rides. Never a problem, and you can catch it on sale that will take some sting out of it. Never too late to switch. Good stuff that.:newsmile047:

Of all the TC bikes I knew about that switched to a Synthetic Later On,,,, Never a problem mentioned...

Mobil 1 is Good Oil for sure, Tank likes his Amsoil and I like My Redline products...

To Each their own..:small3d023:

OIL is like a religion you know,:boxing, Many different Ones and Views...:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the input, I'm going to switch over to Mobil 1 just wasen't sure about it with 27000 miles vs lower miles.

Changing out, between dino and synthetic should not be any problem at all. As a matter of fact some oils are already a blend of the 2. A good example of such a blend is the HD Syn-3. If you don't like the M1 V-Twin (not likely), you can always go back to the HD dino.

It's not like you are going from natural to some kind of plastic. It is actually a matter of the synth being more consistent in molecule size and construction. There is nothing in a synth, other than maybe some additive or so, if even that, that you will not find represented in a dino oil. You could apply some expensive, complicated processes to standard dino oil and extract oil component molecules, that when collected together in a bottle, could not be distinguished chemically from a pure synth.

I hope that allays any concerns you may have.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Of all the TC bikes I knew about that switched to a Synthetic Later On,,,, Never a problem mentioned...

Mobil 1 is Good Oil for sure, Tank likes his Amsoil and I like My Redline products...

To Each their own..:small3d023:

OIL is like a religion you know,:boxing, Many different Ones and Views...:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

But we are still good friends. :D Despite our oil (religion) difference. :p

:DSO You ARE reading all my post......:rofl

Go read the other one I just posted under Scream'n Eagle :bigsmiley6:

See if you agree :newsmile047:

Signed....BUBBIE

Back