free website stats program Another HD dealer closing in Illinois | Harley Davidson Forums

Another HD dealer closing in Illinois

rperk60

Gutteridge HD in Danville Illinois may be closing doors real soon. Not enough business to keep the doors open what a shame. The people at Gutteridge are the best I hate to see them go...:(:(:(

Have a good friend who has worked @ a Harley dealership for 30 years in sales, they have cut the pay of sales people this does not look good

Our local Dealer closed this year, put a lot of people out of work,
My friend had to sell his house, not much work here in Florida for x Harley sales people.

One of our local dealers "Black Diamond" is setting sales records and have been since they purchased the dealership three years ago. They just bought out another dealer, Minor's in Scott City, MO and will be taking it over in January 2011.

Their new bikes are selling above MSRP and used bike over Blue Book. Secret seems to be that they can get a stump financed.

One of our local dealers "Black Diamond" is setting sales records and have been since they purchased the dealership three years ago. They just bought out another dealer, Minor's in Scott City, MO and will be taking it over in January 2011.

Their new bikes are selling above MSRP and used bike over Blue Book. Secret seems to be that they can get a stump financed.
The only problem with getting the stumps financed is whether they actually pay or not. :s

Some regions are doing better than others, makes me wonder if opening a trike/bike shop in Ormond Beach is a right move. Sounds like the Ride Now Powersports chain, I think they only have one shop left in Florida.

Gutteridge HD in Danville Illinois may be closing doors real soon. Not enough business to keep the doors open what a shame. The people at Gutteridge are the best I hate to see them go...:(:(:(
It seems to be the "old school" dealers that are closing...The ones that you know everyone's name and they know you...the parts guy could look up a part for a bike that was more than 10yrs old...these new mega dealers don't care about nothing but profit...I think MoCo is heading down a very bad road...they are losing the core people that made Harley what it is...An inferior product,poor quality and corporate greed will bring this company down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not but we are coming out of the fog? Not big in any way but slowly coming out. We have nothing in this great country that we make any more, we get everything from China or Taiwan or Pakistan. With us having no JOBS any more how can we pay for our bikes that run$25K . We will come out slowly and never ever have the GREAT economy we had in the past . It will be slow and prices on items will drop but that will be because no one will have the jobs needed to afford them? Harley will take it on the NOSE and more places will close. Also look for the HD Moco to cut it's production numbers even LOWER this year , maybe as much as last years ? Thats alot of bikes NOT being made and I think they dropped 100,000 last year? This year double ? I do not know but I would think that any one who has a used HD should do well in selling it but buying a new one ?

Back