free website stats program Another forward control question | Harley Davidson Forums

Another forward control question

Skratch

I have a 2010 Street Bob with about 1500 miles on it that I put on the HD forward controls. I pulled the primary cover, chain etc, housing and the installation went smoothly.

(never underestimate the value of a detail orientated 11 yr old when working on a motorcycle. :s)

My question is, when re-installing the compensator sprocket the service manual says to install a NEW compensating sprocket bolt.

Now, HD is usually pretty good about including all parts and pieces for critical replacements but there was no bolt in the kit.

Is this critical? I made the choice of putting it all back together knowing I may have to pull the cover and replace the gasket again. But I'm not starting it until I find out.

I'm not that detail oriented and must have skipped that part of the instructions and used the old bolt. Or my 2006 manual did not say to do so. Would have to look.

It's a good idea to replace bolts that have been torqued to higher values. But not a necessity IMO.

I would not loose any sleep over that bolt as long as it is TORQUED:s

Back