free website stats program Another Ethanol surpise | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Ethanol surpise

actualy my mother in law is a snowbird and is down there in the hospital with cancer in tampa. jsut came on a week ago but going downhill fast. wife left friday morning for tampa and i may follow soon if she dosnt start getting better

Sorry for you mother in law, and my regards to your wife. Cancer is a hard way to go, my Mother died with it in 2005.

I hate ethanol!!! None of my gas engines will even start after sitting just a short while. My push mower will NOT run, my log splitter will NOT run, my chainsaw will NOT run! IF it takes gasoline and the gasoline is an ethanol mix - it will NOT run!! - did I mention that I HATE ethanol!!!

Now - sta-bil - yeah that's good stuff but now it's price has doubled since the invention of ethanol - I hate ethanol and do believe that NOTHING is better than adding ethanol to otherwise good gasoline. Plus mileage drops off with ethanol. But my main concern - no small engine I own will run with it!! It better not be ruining my Harley!!!

Bill (just venting I suppose)

My best friend races ATV quads. They use 95 octane unleaded race gasoline, no ethanol.
I bought 4 gals that they didn't use. I mixed up a batch for my 2 cycle weed eater and leaf blower. You would not believe the difference on how they run!!! I'll fill'em up when done and store them with my usual dose of SeaFoam.
I'll let you all know what happens.
wilks3
:USA

P.S. I also hate ethanol.

My best friend races ATV quads. They use 95 octane unleaded race gasoline, no ethanol.
I bought 4 gals that they didn't use. I mixed up a batch for my 2 cycle weed eater and leaf blower. You would not believe the difference on how they run!!! I'll fill'em up when done and store them with my usual dose of SeaFoam.
I'll let you all know what happens.
wilks3

P.S. I also hate ethanol.

You know wilks3, no more than I use my chain saw it might be worth it to me try and find me some of that stuff. They sell it at my lawnmower shop already premixed with oil for $9 half gallon which is kinda steep. But maybe I can find some a little better price and just do that.

This Ethanol thing is not a new thing, it ruined a lot of carbs and early fuel injectors. The fix then was to find rubber seals that were more alcohol friendly, they did not care what the rest of the damage to the fuel systems was IMO It will get worse as Big Oil tries to stretch out every gallon of gas and the Feds mandate more changes for cleaner air, Guess who pays and who makes big bucks here:s

OK, I don’t intend to hijack this thread, but I want to make sure I’m understanding correctly. With the Sta-Bil references in this thread, is the discussion about Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer or Sta-Bil Ethanol Treatment?

Is anyone adding the actual Sta-Bil Ethanol Treatment to your bike(s)? And, if so, what’s the general consensus? Pros/Cons? Will it offset the negative effects of ethanol? The Sta-Bil site mentions using it on nearly every engine type, but doesn’t mention motorcycles.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I didn’t find a direct answer in my brief search for such.

If you read what is in either of the Sta-Bil products, with my eyes, its the same stuff.
Maybe they have different percentages, but same stuff.

R W B, Bought the race gas for $7.50 a gal. To me I'm spending about $4.00/gal more than premium, for what I use, its worth it!

wilks3

Last edited:
Back