free website stats program Another Ethanol surpise | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Ethanol surpise

Has anyone used this before?

Harley-Davidson® Fuel Stabilizer | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson Canada

Is this a potential "fix" for the Ethanol problem or just another cash grab?

FLHTrider there are some stabilizers that advertise they help neutralize issuses associated with ethanol fuels. But I kinda get that they are talking only about the fact that the ethanol mixes more readily with water (moisture) than gas and causes the fuel to become unstable and less functional.

I don't really see how it could keep the ethanol from deteriorating the fuel lines. I think best to just get alcohol resistant lines from aircraft companies OR from another link. I've only been able to find one so far, but hopefully I can find some local.

I've read that if you run the gas out of the tank on a regular basis then the lines do not detoriate as bad. Not sure I follow this since the new feul you put in has the same ethanol in it. But maybe as it sits a chemical reaction takes place as the feul begins to slowly degenerate. Again all of this sounds somewhat incredulous to me since the fuel has already been sitting in storage long before it ever reached your tank. But admittedly I'm not a chemist. I suspect many OEM products are putting ethanol resistant lines in already but my old chain saw (and my lawn mower shop) have not gotten with the picture. Amazingly my lawn mower shop is selling ethanol free fuel in half gallon cans for $9 bucks. I don't know who would be buying that (certainly not me) but they have it for sale. LOL

:cheers ill be waiting

I love it, just don't hold your breath, that might be dangerous.

If gas goes away for a cheaper fuel that will be the happiest crow I ever eat. In fact most of the things I sincerely believe to be true, I would be a happy camper to be proved wrong.

Truth is if you are ever down my way in Central Florida look me up I will meet you and buy you a beer anyhow. I wish I was able to make it to Biketoberfest but I got too much going on right now.

well this is big chainsaw terriry up here maine and snowmobil and atv. they had lotta problems with ethonal at first then we started using sta-bil and they stopped. if they would just add that at the refineries we be ok

I love it, just don't hold your breath, that might be dangerous.

If gas goes away for a cheaper fuel that will be the happiest crow I ever eat. In fact most of the things I sincerely believe to be true, I would be a happy camper to be proved wrong.

Truth is if you are ever down my way in Central Florida look me up I will meet you and buy you a beer anyhow. I wish I was able to make it to Biketoberfest but I got too much going on right now.

actualy my mother in law is a snowbird and is down there in the hospital with cancer in tampa. jsut came on a week ago but going downhill fast. wife left friday morning for tampa and i may follow soon if she dosnt start getting better

well this is big chainsaw terriry up here maine and snowmobil and atv. they had lotta problems with ethonal at first then we started using sta-bil and they stopped. if they would just add that at the refineries we be ok

There may be something to that, as posted above I don't really see how it can alleviate fuel line deterioration from ethanol. It does prevent mixing with moisture and also tends to clean out small residual deposits in the system. I use Stabil in my chain saw. But admittedly the chain saw (and fuel lines) were 9 yrs old.

I also use Stabil in my Bike. Seem like it helps keep the injectors and the IAC clean and functional.

Oh my it's 9am I need to get to work. Later.....RWB

The way I see it, to grow corn for E/10 fuel. A tractor that runs on fosil fuel (diesel) is in the field to plow the soil, then to plant the seed and then to harvest. The pumps run on fosil fuel to water the corn. The trucks run on fosil fuel to take the corn to the Ethanol plant. The Ethanol plant runs on fosil fuel to run the plant to make the Ethanol. The trucks run on fosil fuel to take the Ethanol to the gas plant to mix with gas. It sounds to me like it takes 3 or 4 gallons of fosil fuel to make one gallon of E/10. It drives the price of corn up so the price of beef/pork/chicken and turkey and any thing else that uses or eats corn. Plus Washington is giving the corn growers money on top of it all. Oh and you get worst gas mileage with E/10. One thing for sure the corn lobbyist in Washington could sell ice to Eskimos. :newsmile042: JMHO

here in maine we stuck with it tho no place i know of sells eth free

There are a few, but the gas is expensive. Here's a link PureGas.org

I've been using Startron and it seems to be working. Bike runs smoother and no problem so far, in fact I use it in everything from the truck to the lawnmower. Just annoys me that I have to protect my equipment from the ineptitude of the government. Not that I'm surprised.:newsmile042:

From Ohio where there is actualy a lot of corn grown & some for ethanol , maybe ethanol isnt the best solution for high oil prices but its probably better then doing nothing .

Back