free website stats program Another Dealer Closing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Dealer Closing

Many dealers do indeed offer banefits but the cost of health insurance has risen by almost 50%. The news today said that California was being hit with a 56% increase. A lot of dealers did not hunker down to wait out this deep recession and they are going now. The dealers who survived the depression are dead now so no one knows how to get by. I kind of suspect that floor planning has a lot to do with these closings. That is money used to buy the bike and after a year the dealer has to pay for the bike. A lot of factors in these closings.

Fossil I understand CA. is going thru the worst insurance changes of any state right now. I was talking about the last 25 years of dealers, and there benefits.
I tried buying Trinagle HD in Beaumont, TX. in 1993 and dealing with HD was way too much for me.

It's always sad to see a dealership closing and the loss of employment.
Another sad thing is the students attending Wyotech and MMI graduate and search for employment. There's going to be a lot of people who will have spent big $$$ for training, student loans that kick in 6 months after graduation as they try to get jobs. I guess a lot of small bike shop will start to open up.

just the same over here in england,at least two closed down here in the south before christmas,general slump in the global economy i guess. i work in the marine industry as a boat builder an industry thats been hit hard too!

Back