free website stats program Another Dealer Closing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Dealer Closing

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum!
I just got into my e-mail and saw an e-mail from Crete HD saying they were closing, I am shocked!! I immediately did a Google search to try and find some info and found this forum’s posting. I immediately joined!

I can’t believe they are closing, I bought my Deluxe from them last year, and they are an all-around class act over there at Crete HD.! I just dropped my bike off last Wednesday for its 10,000 mile maintenance, everyone was friendly and jovial as always! I don’t think they knew about this until after last Wednesday! I feel so sorry for all of them, the owners (Marion & Todd) and all of their employees!

It’ such a shame, I can think of a few other dealerships that probably should have been closed (poor salesmen and service work as reasons) before this fine dealership was!

Sorry that my first post has to be so sad, but I really like this dealership and can’t understand why they would have to be closed!

The article was written by Alex Taylor III. He stated that in the fourth quarter of 2009, Harley Davidson suffered its FIRST quarterly loss in 16 years.

If you ask me that is NOT BAD AT ALL. I just can't think of many companies not having a single bad quarter since 1994. Not many at all.

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum!
I just got into my e-mail and saw an e-mail from Crete HD saying they were closing, I am shocked!! I immediately did a Google search to try and find some info and found this forum’s posting. I immediately joined!

I can’t believe they are closing, I bought my Deluxe from them last year, and they are an all-around class act over there at Crete HD.! I just dropped my bike off last Wednesday for its 10,000 mile maintenance, everyone was friendly and jovial as always! I don’t think they knew about this until after last Wednesday! I feel so sorry for all of them, the owners (Marion & Todd) and all of their employees!

It’ such a shame, I can think of a few other dealerships that probably should have been closed (poor salesmen and service work as reasons) before this fine dealership was!

Sorry that my first post has to be so sad, but I really like this dealership and can’t understand why they would have to be closed!

Welcome to The Forum and your first post, and welcome to the world of H D, where times are tough and the Dealers are taking it on the chin with slow bike sales, Capital Jack

Two more dealers closing in North Carolina the middle of October. HD of High Point and Wolfcreek HD in Reidsville. Did some business with Wolfcreek, great bunch of folks. They will be missed.
The owner is taking everything from these two dealers to be combined into HD of Greensboro.

Looks like some are going to have to plan weekend rides/trips to just get parts now.

Hang in there HD.

I'm sorry to see Wolf Creek HD closing up. I always stopped by there on the way to my sister's house. It seems to me it would be in a perfect location, but apparently not. I just looked at it on Google Maps and it is not even built whenever the map was generated. This is the very first picture I took on my motorcycle adventure to California.

232323232%7Ffp53375%3Enu%3D42%3B%3B%3E657%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D3475%3C2786%3B329nu0mrj

Santa Barbara HD in Carpinteria, CA will be closing it's doors on September 30th. Went there on Sunday, although most of the late model parts and accessories as well as the motor apparel are gone, still had some great prices considering up to 70% off for parts and accessories (local dealers scooped up stuff like the whole collection of service manuals and stuff like that). Left the store less $30 but saved over $125, so there are some deals to be had. The people working were a bit resigned, but honestly I think they were happy to have worked there.

Personally, like Pru...I would shop at most HD Dealers when going up Hwy 101 to see my daughter's and grand kids, and just is a reminder that change sometimes means movin' on...maybe to an even better adventure, be it another grand opening in the Santa Barbara area, after the economy starts coming back.

Hear in South Jersey we`ve lost 4 dealers in like the last 6-8 month`s. The next 3 closest dealer`s are an hour ride each way.

This is a scarey thread for me, as I'll be attending Wyotech for Harley Davidson Technician Training in October. I'd dread graduating, finding no employment and having student loans to pay. I'm greatful that I can build trikes and work on GW's, I wanted to expand my knowledge base and serve more people, not just a small segment. Ouch. I hope there are dealers left by the time I graduate.:17:

This is a scarey thread for me, as I'll be attending Wyotech for Harley Davidson Technician Training in October. I'd dread graduating, finding no employment and having student loans to pay. I'm greatful that I can build trikes and work on GW's, I wanted to expand my knowledge base and serve more people, not just a small segment. Ouch. I hope there are dealers left by the time I graduate.:17:

I think a good tech can always find work, Good luck to you, We will be watching:D

The one in Albany Georgia is closing at the end of this month. And I just bought a bike from them a week before they found out and now the next dealer is 50 miles one way. Hate to see it.:(

Back