free website stats program Another Compensator Installation Question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Compensator Installation Question

Hey doc you will be feeling really good about yourself now as tackling something that you previously thought was way beyond you and achieving good success does give a sense of elation
However once you have done something a few times and get a wee bit complacent then it may be that it does not work first time and the oh bother words are used as the tools are pulled back out and further remedial stripping and assembling is required

So well done you

Brian

Well, alrighty then, the deed is done and all went well....but where's your assessment of the success or failure of your efforts????
Was the installation worth the time and expense or not???......Give us your opinion.

Congrats Doc. Bet you got a real sense of accomplishment when you were done. But does the new compensator improve things?

Well, alrighty then, the deed is done and all went well....but where's your assessment of the success or failure of your efforts????
Was the installation worth the time and expense or not???......Give us your opinion.

The main improvement I noticed right away and that I'm very happy with is the smoothing out of the drive system at low speeds and low RPM's. No more over sensitive lurching when I open or close the throttle in that regime. For instance, while maneuvering in a parking lot situation, I don't need to feather the clutch so much to keep things smooth and steady. Hope that makes sense - kind of hard to describe - maybe someone else who has done this mod can explain it better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicely Done, you gonna do mine next?

You don't even want to know what I'd have to charge for labor!!!

:lolrolling

Last edited:
" I knew I wouldn't have time to do any troubleshooting and I knew it would put me in a really sour mood for the trip to New York. Not wanting to endanger a trip my wife was REALLY looking forward to, I took my thumb off the start switch and went inside to pack.

Wow, what self restraint, but a very wise move. I'm happy to hear it's all working well.

Well, there ya have it then. Another satisfied customer!!
Mine has been inplace for a little over 36000 miles now and I still say it is the best mod I have ever done.
Good job Dr.

way to go. Doc..feels good to do for yourself ..pulled my cover off yesterday just to check com nut, installed mine in Jan. it was tight but did see slite rotation of center .

I found the same thing as you did Doc, smoother take-offs and slow riding. I also found the starter banging to engage is gone.

This morning, I went for a 4 hour ride with JDPEagle and AJPanda and had a wonderful, trouble free ride!

And after hearing about the benefits of your project, and your helpful tips and hints from your experience, we installed our's this afternoon.

Very well done, Doc!

Attachments

• photo 5-1.jpg
    photo 5-1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 52
And after hearing about the benefits of your project, and your helpful tips and hints from your experience, we installed our's this afternoon.

Very well done, Doc!

Mine took about a week and a half - you did yours in an afternoon. Thanks for showing me up! :p

Your inner primary looks pristine so I'm curious - did you not have to do any grinding to make clearance to get the rotor out? Maybe the MOCO finally sends them out with enough room to get rotors on and off.

Back