free website stats program Annoying little squeak found at last. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Annoying little squeak found at last.

I had one of those. It was more than a "annoying little squeak". More like a "annoying squawk". After an exhaustive search. Turns out it was the left hand side rear rubber muffler exhaust support. Sprayed some silicone on it and all was fine. No need for a engine rebuild.:s:TEXAS

I had one of those. It was more than a "annoying little squeak". More like a "annoying squawk". After an exhaustive search. Turns out it was the left hand side rear rubber muffler exhaust support. Sprayed some silicone on it and all was fine. No need for a engine rebuild.:s:TEXAS

Alamo!
You inspired me! I jacked up the bike on my brand new Pit Bill lift (man this is sweet). Any way, I was adjusting the belt and your post started running though my head. So, I pushed the rubber goobers out and wrapped them with Teflon tape. NOT PLUMERS TEFLON TAPE. This stuff is gray in color, sticky on one side and slippery than snot on the other side. I also wrapped the metal bar that the exhaust is bolted to.

I have yet to test the bike for the noise but after supper I plant to do just hat. I'm not holding my breath for this but it was work a shot.

Wish me luck!!:D

Alamo!
You inspired me! I jacked up the bike on my brand new Pit Bill lift (man this is sweet). Any way, I was adjusting the belt and your post started running though my head. So, I pushed the rubber goobers out and wrapped them with Teflon tape. NOT PLUMERS TEFLON TAPE. This stuff is gray in color, sticky on one side and slippery than snot on the other side. I also wrapped the metal bar that the exhaust is bolted to.

I have yet to test the bike for the noise but after supper I plant to do just hat. I'm not holding my breath for this but it was work a shot.

Wish me luck!!:D

Harley Davidson Community This product will work wonders on any squeak, and rubber parts:s

Well, The noise is still there. It's almost like a modualted chirping sound. Now I'm suspecting its the belt.

What are my options with a noisy belt? is there something I can spray on it?

First off, clean it good with some mild soap and water, look for debris and check the tension, I know from riding in the rain alot my belt will chirp, you can run some chalk or a crayon on the belt this will quiet it down some, check all of your exhaust heat shields also, they will make noise too

First off, clean it good with some mild soap and water, look for debris and check the tension, I know from riding in the rain alot my belt will chirp, you can run some chalk or a crayon on the belt this will quiet it down some, check all of your exhaust heat shields also, they will make noise too

I have checked and adjusted the belt tension. Crayons? Hmmm...
I'll try cleaaning the belt.

I just jacked up the bike and inspected the belt while under the bike. While in neutral, spinning the rear tire, the belt looked OK ( no damage). I notice that the belt is tracking to the inside of the rear pulley. I set the tension of the belt to the middle of the specs in the manual. I sprayed the belt with some dry silicone wax to help with the noise. I’ll try to readjust the belt tension again tomorrow. Maybe I’ll find what’s wrong. :newsmile030:

Back