free website stats program ankle bone connected the the leg bone...... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ankle bone connected the the leg bone......

unfortunately already have the cams. now i have 3 sets 258SE andrews tw50 and my new ones anyone need cams cheap?? LOl

unfortunately already have the cams. now i have 3 sets 258SE andrews tw50 and my new ones anyone need cams cheap?? LOl
Of the 4 you have the SE258 will wake the most torque, None of them belong in a "B" engine, Something more along the lines of a Andrews 26 or Woods TW6 a SE 211 will make you happier.

unfortunately i've never been satisfied with TAME. arent you the guy with the 146hp 103?? but i have been taking all you say to heart and using it to guide what i'm doing but done is done i have what i have and need to go forwards not backwards are you saying B engines cant be hopped up i know guy with plenth bigger stuff in their scoots I will admit to falling prey to (keeping up with the JONES) i just want to match this new cam correctly

unfortunately i've never been satisfied with TAME. arent you the guy with the 146hp 103?? but i have been taking all you say to heart and using it to guide what i'm doing but done is done i have what i have and need to go forwards not backwards are you saying B engines cant be hopped up i know guy with plenth bigger stuff in their scoots I will admit to falling prey to (keeping up with the JONES) i just want to match this new cam correctly
My 103 is an "A" motor not a "Balanced B" motor, My crank is a S&S Competition Balanced and trued unit with H beam rods, JE pistons, I've got nearly $3000 tied up in just the heads, I run a custom 60mm intake with Flow matched Bosch Injectors, Custom Grind Andrews cam, and turn my engine to 7000rpms. I spent 2 whole days on the dyno just to tune the SERT.
You can do every thing I've done to mine except turn 7000rpms.
5800rpms is a good redline for a "B" if you want it to live.
6000-6250 rpms would be the max I would want a Balanced and trued motor turning.
Some of "6 Speed transmissions on the market do have a overdrive 6th gear but this is a much weaker design that eats HP, unlike a DD6 that transmits power straight through the trans to the rear wheel.
The roller rockers and support you want will take some strain off the valves but with What you have to work with IMO you would be wasting money that should be spent elsewhere.
I've seen plenty of hotroded "Bs" that busted the balance shaft all the way through the cases, if redlining them don't do it a couple hard down shifts from a 10/1 motor will!

NVP i appreciate all you say i learn alot. YIKES about the downshift the is my middle name i rpm down shift form 5 to 4 or 4 to 3. i will be much more aware of that from this point forward. especially with engien done. is there anything i can do to beef it up and protect from the hard down shift

If you want to run it hard the best bet would be a Barnett slipper clutch, your going to need a better clutch for the increase in torque anyway. :hii

Back