free website stats program Andrews Accelerator Upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Andrews Accelerator Upgrade

90FXRS

Contributor
Reading through the instructions I'm a little confused on something. Says to feed the drill until it breaks into the float chamber. Don't worry if it breaks into either a cross drilled passage or through the actual bottom of the bowl.

What's the difference in the float chamber and into the bottom of the bowl?
WAP.gif

I just looked up and read the instructions. It seems they use two different terms for the same piece. If you drill the dimple as specified, you will be good.
Let us know what you think of the modification.

Well I got the upgrade installed. Yes they use two different terms for the same thing. I should have taken pictures but I'm no photographer. It is very simple an easy to do. I don't remove the carb from the bike, just the bowl. A 1/16" bit went right though it. When I felt it give way I stopped and looked into the bowl. There is a cross-passage you will hit, as the instructions say....don't worry. Installed the O-rings, new pump housing, bowl o-ring and aimed the pump nozzle to shoot into the center of the intake. WORKS great.

Took it for a test ride and there is a definite difference in the response on the low and mid-ranges of acceleration.

Back