free website stats program And Yet Another Seat Question | Harley Davidson Forums

And Yet Another Seat Question

2009 Fat Bob with stock dual seat. 400 mile day results in significant butt sore. Does anyone have experience with Corbin saddles on the Dyna, and specifically, did it relieve sore butt and/or result in longer days? Looking at the Corbin Dual Tour saddle: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Harley Davidson Dyna Glide Motorcycles

Don't have any experience with Corbin but bought a Mustang Wide Vintage 2up seat and it made a huge difference over the stock Street Bob seat. I was thinking of getting my SB seat refoamed but saw the wide vintage at Dennis Kirk for $350, free shipping and bought it. Had it now for over a month and love the seat. I am not always trying to find a comfortable position like before. Now I just sit and ride.

I have a corbin seat but on my SG extremely comfy, quality A+ , I chose crobin because of the options you can order with any of there seats and real leather , I chose my stiching ,pipeing ,and had it inlayed with snake all in my color choice, and also added the 2 position heat option ,wich I say if your getting a new seat get it with heat there is nothing like a heated seat it warms your whole body, if its under 55 deg my heat is on. lastly I like real leather under my butt ,for me leather seem more comfy then vinyl seats , a little more maitainence with leather but the leather care products on the market today make it easy to keep your leather like new and waterproof. thumbs up on corbin.

mean city cycle seats are good i heard from ultrat they did couple of his gel pad reform lower foward what ever u want

An inexpensive option that you may want to try is a bead seat pad from BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats
They work very well. I have had mine now for almost 4 years now. An added bonus they keep your bottom from sweating during the summer. I let Triple J borrow my set for the pillion and guess who now has a set for his bike. I can easily ride 700+ miles now. I'm hoping to do one of them 1000 mile in 24 hours rides next year.:D

Randall

2009 Fat Bob with stock dual seat. 400 mile day results in significant butt sore. Does anyone have experience with Corbin saddles on the Dyna, and specifically, did it relieve sore butt and/or result in longer days? Looking at the Corbin Dual Tour saddle: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Harley Davidson Dyna Glide Motorcycles

Corbin seats are very well received by members here at HDT, the top reasons: 1) They are leather, and quality control is very good, 2) They make saddles that go on virtually all makes of motorcycles and often are the saddle of choice among most riders especially in racing paddocks around the world. 3) Most of their work is "custom" or "semi-custom" so being unique means patience is required to get and maintain the saddle you select, so they are pricier than most as well, shipping 'cross country limits "quick delivery".

The only exceptions have been related to 1) Good customer service during or after the sale is sometimes spotty, 2) They are very FIRM and initially some find uncomfortable, requiring a fair amount of time for breakin. 3) Sometimes you have to ship them your saddle and the turnaround time can be very long.

Like Randall says, the BeadRider is great for dealing with the sweating issue and makes for a much more comfortable ride to boot without the cost of replacing the seat.

I also get a kick out of watching peoples reaction when they see it on the bike while parked. Its like they just have to touch it and rub their hands over the beads to see how it feels. Quite comical at times.

I could not do more than 45 mins on either the stock seat or the Sundowner on my Deuce. I found a used Corbin Gunfighter with backrest on Craiglist and that fixed it for me. I had severe tailbone problems with the stockers - and I have used the Corbin to fix this in the past so knew it would work. I'm in the process of setting up so I can take the wife along, and will be sending my stocker to Mean City Cycle shortly for a redo. I've heard nothing but great thngs about them - and they are very responsive. They will be installing a firmer base foam, top layer of memory foam, widening and redoing the passenger seating area, and adding a driver backrest. I hope to end up with a single seat that I can just leave on and not have to swap back and forth. Worth looking into. If you ride all year and don't want to be without your present seat you can probably find something on Ebay or Craiglist - all you really need is the pan to send him. He customizes for your individual weight and preferences. He indicated that the modified stock seat would be as low as my Corbin - which is important to me.

Back