free website stats program And so it begins ... 75 rigid | Harley Davidson Forums

And so it begins ... 75 rigid

Been a long time comming but its finally coming together ... just got the frame all squared away and the hardtail welded on. Super pumped to get her together !frame rigid.jpg

yup will do .. got a sweet vintage springer but not sure if ill use it yet .. might just stay with the original front end since its been shaved and pollished on lathe heres a pic of both.. im leaning toward the springer but my builder says its not the look he is going for ... ill tell ya what , if i didnt allready give him cash i would have done it all myself .. oh well the next one . can always bolt on anything i want after i get it back :) .
forks.jpg

springer.png

but my builder says its not the look he is going for ... ill tell ya what , if i didnt allready give him cash i would have done it all myself .. .

I've always thought it was what the CUSTOMER was going for. I hope this is not a case of YOU paying for the bike HE wants. Keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
but my builder says its not the look he is going for ... ill tell ya what , if i didnt allready give him cash i would have done it all myself .. .

:33: Not being a "smarty-britches" here but who's scoot is it ,,, yours or the builders? If it's yours and you like the springer front end then go for it!!!!

I used to have a springer just like that one that you have. I sold it to Bud's Cycle Shop in Austin, Texas for $80.00 bucks. Can't wait to see the finished bike.

Ok i guess I need to explain this a bit better . What happened was I wanted to get my shovel hardtailed and back on the road ( was having a small engine problem) so I told buddy if he did it i would give him creative reign on the build for his portfolio . Anyways , he has had the bike for well over a year and things are progressing verry slowly. Only now am i seing some light at the end of the tunnel . I thought it would have been done last fall ! His GF kicked him out blah blah cry cry . So here we are and the frame if finally done . I can always change the bikes look after everything is done im not reall worried about that its just the fact of waiting for soo long for it . Still excited however this is the last time ANYONE including a buddy will work on anything of mine without me being right there the whole time in MY garage . Oh well live and learn , we do have the same tastes in bikes for the most part so i thought it would be a good fit . Only gave him the bike and 3g's to get the build done and since its taking so long he isnt asking for any more $$ . He has put alot of hours into some of the stuff like the forks ( shaving and polishing) so im not really (EDIT) if he wants to use them :) I hope that helps explain a but better where im comming from and will keep this thread updated as i get pics ext ...

Please read and understand the info in this link below...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

80 bucks kraut??? what ??? I paid 500 for mine... now youre making me feel like i got ripped off lol

80 bucks kraut??? what ??? I paid 500 for mine... now youre making me feel like i got ripped off lol

Yeah, I know. I really needed the money at the time. I went back later to buy them back but they were gone. Imagine that. I never found out how much they sold them for.

Back