free website stats program And one day the axe just fell............... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

And one day the axe just fell...............

I was thinking about it this afternoon.All totaled up there's less than 10 years experience in that shop now.Between just two of us that are gone there's fifty years.

why not try to start your own shop, if the customers went there 'cause of you, they would likely still come to you even if you were on your own. Self employment is tough, 'cause you never stop working, but if your doing something you love then it's not so bad. Hope things work out for ya.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Good luck in whatever you end up doing. Going independent sounds great but, man, there's a lot involved in starting up your own business AND making a living at it. Hopefully you'll always have a computer and keep us updated on where you're at!

Sorry to hear it Fisher. The same sort of (EDITED) is happening down here in Australia too.

Do you guys have unemployment benefits in the USA ?
Is there a time limit to how long you can receive them ?

In England and Australia we call it the Dole.

Hope it works out for you.

I can only suggest you work from home, servicing Harleys, I would much rather take my bike to someone I know and can trust.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to hear bad things about people losing their jobs! The economy is on a downward spiral and picking up steam. It's only going to get worse before it gets better and I think this is going to become a more common thread for awhile. :nosad My job outlook is very frail, being in the construction trades, and I hate to say it but we've all had fair warning. People aren't spending money because they are uncertain about their job security. No money going to businesses means they're losing money. And since the businesses are not making enough money it hurts their suppliers. GET READY FOR A GLOBAL CHAIN REACTION THAT WILL PROBABLY AFFECT US ALL IN SOME FORM!!! I hate to be so apocolyptic....

Sorry to hear the bad news Fisher, that stinks. My company just let a guy go over a medical problem, (he had to go out for a couple of weeks for a second time) & they gave him the axe. He had 26 years in with the company. They only seem to promote 2 year techs, so the ones with experience are pretty much stuck where they are until they do something to give the powers that be a reason to swing the axe our way. :(

Fisher I am very sorry for what happen and it dont make since to drop your guys with all the knowledge. I hope for nothing but the best for you and yours

Back