And More Photos From Scotland

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Joyflyin, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

In July, my husband & I were invited to go to Lanark, Scotland to fly balloons for some guests at our friends Castle, yes, castle.

This castle was built in 1272 and there is a tree on the castle grounds that is 800 years old called the Peace Tree, it is said that Robert the Bruce and William Wallace signed a peace charter with England under this tree. It is a Scotland National Monument, and is pretty incredible. I only have a few pix ready, I had like 2500 to go through and they need re-sized.

I am still trying to convince Steve that I really am a princess. :D

Dinner was formal or semi-formal every night. That is the first time Steve has seen me in a dress, and my first time seeing him in a dress too for that matter! :D

Attached Files:

2. Joyflyin

And more...

A couple of more shots of the Peace Tree, me waiting on the train after a long day in Edinburg....(That will be a post of its own.)

The alien costume party, and a church in Lanark with a statue of William Wallace.

Attached Files:

3. Joyflyin

The castle is a working farm, and we had 3 highland 'coos' born that week! I liked the farm aspect as much as anything. :) Just a few shots of the balloon stuff, got to fly and meet so many very interesting people on top of it all.

And for the record, I could not find the ghost of the castle on this trip. I guess he leaves the first time guests alone. :59:

I hope to go back next year. :D

Attached Files:

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:D Great pictures, thanks for sharing:s

5. Joyflyin

I will get more someday. Snuck those in while I'm at work....shhh, don't tell.

6. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Great photos Joy although your formal was a wee bit short for us the ladies had to have their ankles covered when formal / black tie
    Always nice to see good coos

Brian

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Thanks Joy!

8. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Great pictures Joy. Thanks

9. Twrecks

Twrecks Member

Here's a couple of pics from Scotland I took on one of our trips there.The bike is called "Bulletproof" from Destiny Cycles.

Attached Files:

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Great pics Joy - looks like it was a great time and Scotland's scenery is awesome. One ?...where are your kilts...?? :s