free website stats program And More Photos From Scotland | Harley Davidson Forums

And More Photos From Scotland

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
In July, my husband & I were invited to go to Lanark, Scotland to fly balloons for some guests at our friends Castle, yes, castle.

This castle was built in 1272 and there is a tree on the castle grounds that is 800 years old called the Peace Tree, it is said that Robert the Bruce and William Wallace signed a peace charter with England under this tree. It is a Scotland National Monument, and is pretty incredible. I only have a few pix ready, I had like 2500 to go through and they need re-sized.

I am still trying to convince Steve that I really am a princess. :D

Dinner was formal or semi-formal every night. That is the first time Steve has seen me in a dress, and my first time seeing him in a dress too for that matter! :D

Attachments

• Lee Castle.jpg
    Lee Castle.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Lee Castle Arial.jpg
    Lee Castle Arial.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Peace Tree Joy.jpg
    Peace Tree Joy.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Peace Tree Steve.jpg
    Peace Tree Steve.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Me & Steve Formal.jpg
    Me & Steve Formal.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 51
And more...

A couple of more shots of the Peace Tree, me waiting on the train after a long day in Edinburg....(That will be a post of its own.)

The alien costume party, and a church in Lanark with a statue of William Wallace.

Attachments

• William Wallace.jpg
    William Wallace.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Aliens.jpg
    Aliens.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Tourist.jpg
    Tourist.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Peace Tree 3.jpg
    Peace Tree 3.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Peace Tree 2.jpg
    Peace Tree 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 31
The castle is a working farm, and we had 3 highland 'coos' born that week! I liked the farm aspect as much as anything. :) Just a few shots of the balloon stuff, got to fly and meet so many very interesting people on top of it all.

And for the record, I could not find the ghost of the castle on this trip. I guess he leaves the first time guests alone. :59:

I hope to go back next year. :D

Attachments

• Coos.jpg
    Coos.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Inflation.jpg
    Inflation.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Balloon 3.jpg
    Balloon 3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Balloon.jpg
    Balloon.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Landing.jpg
    Landing.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 25
I will get more someday. Snuck those in while I'm at work....shhh, don't tell.

Great photos Joy although your formal was a wee bit short for us the ladies had to have their ankles covered when formal / black tie
Always nice to see good coos

Brian

Here's a couple of pics from Scotland I took on one of our trips there.The bike is called "Bulletproof" from Destiny Cycles.

Attachments

• Scottish harley 001.jpg
    Scottish harley 001.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Scottish harley.jpg
    Scottish harley.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 35
Great pics Joy - looks like it was a great time and Scotland's scenery is awesome. One ?...where are your kilts...?? :s

Back