free website stats program an electrial question | Harley Davidson Forums

an electrial question

ultrat

Contributor
while installing oil cooler adapter. i removed voltage regulator for more room & i see an electrial plug under regulator it has cap in it.would anyone know about it. my bike is 09 ultra.tx....

Can't tell you what the electrial plug is for but I know Harley makes one wiring harness for US & HDI models, (cost effectiveness)they just cap off any electrial plug in's that are not required in the US. just a guess

It may be run to hook up an oil temp gauge if the rider chooses to have one installed. Does your bike come with that useless air temp gauge on the dash? If so, the up-grade to oil temp gauge uses the adapter that you now have the cooler rigged to for the sending unit location. Since you have the cooler, you can locate the oil temp sending unit at the front of the oil pan/tank (there is a pipe plug sealing a tapped hole there now) when you decide to put an oil temp gauge in!!

TQ

allready have oil temp sender i installed last fall in fromt of tank to gage in dash.this plug i seen is good sized. i haved electrial manual on dvd just cant find it .......

while installing oil cooler adapter. i removed voltage regulator for more room & i see an electrial plug under regulator it has cap in it.would anyone know about it. my bike is 09 ultra.tx....

How many pins/wires is it.

more info its 3 wires in the plug 1 black + 1 black w/green stripe + 1 brown w/ orange wire i am 80% shure on colors there a little oiley tx,,,,,

From what I can see, it looks like it may be the Jiffy Stand sensor. One pin is Ground, 1 pin is 5V reference and last pin to ECM for inhibit.

From what I can see, it looks like it may be the Jiffy Stand sensor. One pin is Ground, 1 pin is 5V reference and last pin to ECM for inhibit.

^^^

There ya go!!

Ahhh. Could be. I know that Hobbit has talked about a jiffy stand interlink that prohibited starting with the kick stand in the wrong place! Those may be the wires for that. Do the US bikes not have that interlink?

TQ

Jiffy stand interlock is fairly new, introduced on police bikes, think 2001 or so if memory services, then to general bagger population...I do know my Sporty did not have it in 2004...so when starting your bike, make sure you pull in clutch lever just in case!

Back