free website stats program Amsoil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Amsoil

As a auto repair shop owner I filled out the needed ap to become a distributor, recieved a welcome letter and price lists. Didn't go much further with it do to you can buy many different syn. oils for less and the shipping realy made it un marketable, the dealer that talk'd me into doing it, a repair shop and friend for many years swears by Amsoil, 10,000 mile oil changes but when I asked if he changed the oil filter somewear in the 4-5,000 mile area he just had a dumb founded look on his face, I did try Amsoil in my Ultra but started to have lifter noises, mostly after retarts, like after filling up the tank, bike was still under warranty, and it was recomended to try a different oil before any repairs were done, I did, and I have had no problems with the lifters after the second cycle of service with the same oil I changed to. The problem with locating Amsoil while on the road could be averted if you carry extra or call ahead to places you plan on going to.

If you have never looked into using AMSOIL I would recommend it. I also would recommend taking advantage of the Preferred Customer program that gets you the products at wholesale prices.

I get mine via the Preferred Customer Prog here in Canada. It makes it cheaper, and often competitive with other Synthetics. They make good oil filters too. I've been using it for a while but, if Amsoil is good enough for The Tank's 08 EG Standard, it's good enough for mine :s I didn't get paid to say this :p

If you are a preferred customer you may want to look into where the Amsoil distribution centers are located. When I lived in Sorrento, FL there was one over by Apopka/Orlando that I could drive over to and pick up what I wanted without paying any shipping.
Here is the link http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g92.pdf
There is one in Edmonton.

Back