free website stats program Amsoil | Harley Davidson Forums

Amsoil

I just called my local Harley dealer to make my first 1,000 oil change. They asked me what kind of oil I wanted to use. I asked them what my choices were. They told me Harley oil or Amsoil and redline in the trans. I then asked will this cost me extra with the full maintenance plan using Amsoil he replied no.

I just called my local Harley dealer to make my first 1,000 oil change. They asked me what kind of oil I wanted to use. I asked them what my choices were. They told me Harley oil or Amsoil and redline in the trans. I then asked will this cost me extra with the full maintenance plan using Amsoil he replied no.

What is your point? Are you pushing Amsoil? Are you an Amsoil dealer?

The reason I ask is that they use this sort of tactic to "market" their product. Something like, "hey I just went to my ying yang dealer and they have a great deal on Amsoil oil. They said it will protect my do wap engine better than any other oil and gave me a technical "white paper" to prove it."

We object to that here. If you are interested in some information on oil and some recommendations on what to use in your bike's engine, tranny or primary, check this out:

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I don't understand all the issues with Amsoil it is good oil if you want to use it then use it. I use it in the motor along with formula in primary, and Spectra 6 speed in tranny. No problems with any.

With Walmart not selling Mobil 1 20-50 V-twin oil anymore($13.47 a liter) it looks like Amsoil will be the less expensive option. Mobil 1 is $19.00 a liter at the car part places and Amsoil is around $15.00 at the Amsoil dealer. For all our American friends a liter is a couple ounces bigger then a quart.

Understand what your saying, I have used amsoil in my cars for years. So when I purchased my trike it was natural to use it. But after being on the forum and listening to everyone I change to spectra 6 speed in the tranny and formula in primary. But have no problem with any other oil just my preference.

IMHO if the dealer allows Amsoil and Redline in the tranny at no additional cost, go for it. No brainer.

Use what you are comfy with. Change it regular and never install a dry filter,always charge your new filter before install...

With Walmart not selling Mobil 1 20-50 V-twin oil anymore($13.47 a liter) it looks like Amsoil will be the less expensive option. Mobil 1 is $19.00 a liter at the car part places and Amsoil is around $15.00 at the Amsoil dealer. For all our American friends a liter is a couple ounces bigger then a quart.

I don't know about your Wally World but ours replaced the Mobile 1 V-twin with Castrol V-twin full syn. 20-50. I haven't used it yet but I know guys that have been using Castrol in their Harley for more then 40 years and don't have anything bad to say about it.

Been using Valvoline since I got my driver license. Was taught to keep fluids fresh and have never had a problem. Clean fluids and filters make a difference. Oil all comes from the same place, well below the surface we ride on.

Where's you're dealer? I've only ever seen 1 HD dealer that had anything on their shelves except HD oil.

Back