Amsoil, Spectro and Redline

Discussion in 'Oil' started by Mongo1958, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

I've been looking into oil and trany oil for a while and have tried Redline, Spectro and M1
    I like Spectro, M1 and Amsoil.
    Shock proof heavy and amsoil 75w190 are close in specs and near the same price.
    Spectro 6 speed 75w140 is almost the same as Amsoil 75w140 and with in $1 of each other.
    Amsoil 20w50 is cheaper than Spectro 20w50 but more than M1.

I just hooked up with a local guy in my town to be a dealer. The 25% discount should help.
    The bottom line is that I get a good oil for my Harley as well as my other rides.

Guys like Tank and Bubbie have helped me in this desision.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  2. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

do not use the redline in your tranny. I repeat do not use redline in your tranny.

3. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Why? I have used Redline Heavy Shock Proof in my trany with great success. So have others.

4. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

If you're going to make statements like that, it would be appreciated if you'd back it up with solid reasons.

5. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Hi guys........Use any oil you want for god sakes....LOL..:):s

6. rollo3076

rollo3076 Active Member

I have ended up with Amsoil in motor and trans. Still using hd syn 1 in primary. Tried a few different products but Amsoil is moderate in price and easy to get.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Oh My, I hope this does not go sideways

8. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It wont.:D

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Amsoil's good stuff...our Uncle was a dealer many moons ago & used it in all his vehicles on the farm (tractors, combines, cars, lawnmower, etc.). We bought the cycle & snowmobile oil from him and I have no complaints.

10. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

Hey Mongo1958,
    I wish I would have kept the photos, but not too long ago I had my transmission remove and put in a six speed. I had got the SE Kit. Well I had been using the Redline for a few years. So when the six speed kit came in, I to the bike to the shop. When they started taking it apart, man what a mess there was. There was this almost yellowish almost most white looking substance all over the transmission. It sorta looked like fat that had a build up all over the transmission. It was really nasty looking. I mean it was like caked on everything. From then on, I will not use the Redline stuff. It all depends on how long you have been using it, but I won't use it. I started using the Spector Six Speed, or the something else.