free website stats program AMS Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

AMS Oil

01dynaglide

Does anyone use AMS oil for there tranny & primary? If so, how do you like it? I'm changing mine tonight and was just wondering and wanting some feed back.

I use Amsoil 20w-50 in Primary and Engine but use their severe gear 75w-90 in trans based on what I learned on this site. I became a mail order customer and like the service very much. 05 twin cam 88.

I use Amsoil MCV in my engine and primary on my 2008 Ultra and I use Spectro for 6 speeds in transmission. I like the MCV in the engine as it really seems to make it run cooler and it provides great protection for when it gets a bit too hot as this oil does not break down at the temperatures that regular motor oil does. A lot of people stick with the HD formula oil for primary and that works great but I like the MCV better.

On my 1990 I used MCV in engine and primary and Amsoil severe gear in transmission and it worked well.

Thanks for the feed back. The people at a local bike shop told me to use the AMS OIL 20W-50 Synthetic for the engine and tranny and us the Severe Gear 75W-90 in the primary.

Ask them again
20/50 oil in engine ok
20/50 oil in transmission not ok
gear lube in primary no

Agree

thanks guys. i didn't have a chance to change it last night and it seems like that is a good thing. i guess the lady behind the counter told it to me backwards. thanks for the heads up.:bigsmiley12:

Back