free website stats program amplifier | Harley Davidson Forums

amplifier

singer68

Hi all!

Just wanted to get some feedback as to what is the best amplifier for a 2006 street glide stock radio?

I do intend to upgrade the fairing speakers next, I don't intend to add any other speakers, and I would like it to sound powerful and clear as possible so my fiance can hear them a little better, and so I can hear them better as well doing 75 on the freeway.

Hi all!

Just wanted to get some feedback as to what is the best amplifier for a 2006 street glide stock radio?

I do intend to upgrade the fairing speakers next, I don't intend to add any other speakers, and I would like it to sound powerful and clear as possible so my fiance can hear them a little better, and so I can hear them better as well doing 75 on the freeway.

IMO, Hogtunes have quality products and good customer support. If you can only do 1 thing at a time, do speakers first. An amp won't help the stock speakers much. I have only front Hogtunes speakers, and they are noticeably clearer than stock at speed. My buddy has speakers (front only) and an amp and there is no comparison. His system "thumps" and can be felt, where mine just sounds good. As far as improvement on the back, the two biggest aids IMO, will be a taller windshield, and ear plugs to block the buffeting wind noise that comes from your helmet and windshield.

I switched from Hogtunes to J&M Audio. I did it for 2 reasons J&M has the 7.25 speakers with mid-range and tweeter pods that they call the Rokker speakers and J&M has a 250 watt amp. Hogtune is a good system and it cost less then the J&M system but the Hogtune only has 5" speakers and 140watt amp. I have no complaint with Hogtunes while I used it and they have great customer service but the J&M system gives you a little more bang for the buck.

i have the hog tunes tweeter pod added first. then next i added the 4 boom audio speakers. followed by th boom amp. every bit added great sound and now i have trouble hearing the rush muffs.

thanks everyone! I think i like the J&M speakers the best so far, does anyone know if I can buy them through Harley?

Hey Singer68,

I'm interested in what you find out. I saw the J&M guys at Sturgis last week and that system sounded real good! They had extra speakers mounted in the saddle bags facing up and forward, but it was clear and audible enough it should be heard on the freeway. I was real pleased with the amp mounted inside the bat-wing on top of the radio. Been web searching a bit, but If you find a local dealer for the J&M, please PM me with details.

Thanks & hope it works!

Don't know if you can get the J&M equipment from a HD dealer but you can find deals on ebay or contact J&M. The system is a easy install so you DIY

Back