free website stats program Amperage of cigarette lighter socket? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Amperage of cigarette lighter socket?

Or techno - cigar addled butts, if so inclined...:D

Really, a single device like GPS, MP3, Cell, etc. draw typically less than 1A each for trickle charging their internal battery worst case, so a 5A or 7.5A fused cigar/acc one like HD w/ cover is more than sufficient. If moisture is concern, after wiring it in, use heat shrink tubing and RTV to cover metal/insulated connections and back shell/panel and dielectric grease inside will prevent intrusion/corrosion. :s

Isn't goin on a trip and gettin lost half the adventure. Just ride have fun. Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do.

My Garmin 2720 and my XM radio has been plugged in to the cig lighter on my /09 Ultra for months. No problems at all.

...If they did not put that warning on there some nut would plug an inverter into it to run a power saw and want the bike warrantied when it fired.

Yep, that's got to be it. I think someone already asked about running an inverter while camping.

I tapped into the power from the cig lighter in the fairing and ran the wire out with the clutch cable and put a smaller version of the Battery tender type plug there just under the handlebars. And the other end of the plug to my Garmin. Works great.

My Garmin is plugged into the cigarette lighter socket; the only problem is that upon GPS start-up, the sexy voice tells me "Sorry, Sweetie, I don't smoke".:D

Back