free website stats program American Custom slip on pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

American Custom slip on pipes

Deep rumble without too much loudness...Try V&H Monster Ovals. If I was to replace my Hookers, that would be my choice.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Well, after riding my 09 Ultra with the stock pipes for two years while I looked at and listened to all the options out there I finally took the plunge. American Custom had a booth at Delmarva Bike Week in Maryland last week. I got to see all the options and listen to the pipes in person. They looked good, sounded good and they were installing them right there so I bought em. I took the salesman's advice and got the bombers without any baffles because "why buy the baffles when I probably wouldn't use them anyway". After the three hour ride home I decided I will buy the mid range baffles on line this week. The pipes do have a really nice low rumble, just a little too loud for my taste without any baffles. I did consider the V&H monster ovals but I liked the American Customs just as much at less than half the price.

Thanks to all for your responses to my post, especially Dr. Dolittle. I took your advice Doc and kept my stock pipes. With the polution and noise police on the march I just might need those pipes one day.

Shellback

Sounds like you took your time and made the right decision FOR YOU. And that's all that matters, right?

Enjoy your new pipes!

Back