free website stats program American Custom Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

American Custom Exhaust

doc_63

I have been looking into this product for my 08 Street Glide. It sounds intriguing but I'm courious if anyone has seen or heard these. They have been featured on some TV shows and the price is very affordable. I like the flexibility of different baffles for different situations. They can be changed very quickly.

Check it out and let me know your opinions.

American Custom | harley exhaust | custom exhaust | custom harley exhaust | custom harley parts | harley exhaust pipes | harley pipes | harley mufflers | harley davidson pipes | exhaust for harley | harley sportster exhaust | harley softail exhaust | harl

Here is an email I recieved from the recently:

Our pipes have inner wall baffling, with no center baffling. There is plenty
of back pressure. You can put a stage 1 kit on the bike along with our pipes
and you will be very happy. Your bike will run faster, with more torque, and
will sound great.

Feel free to call us with additional questions on Monday. Our toll free
number is 1-800-323-9145.

Thanks for contacting us,
The Team at American Custom

Wow, for $179 they might be worth a try...I liked the deep rumble. If you try them - give us a report.

Wow, for $179 they might be worth a try...I liked the deep rumble. If you try them - give us a report.

I definately will let you guys know how these are if I decide to buy them.

The price is tempting but I would like some feedback if anyone else has tried them. I'm just kind of courious.

Looks very interesting. With their guarantee, I don't see how you could go wrong. I like American ingenuity. No gimick here, just an idea. No claims for power increase and they use stock HD mufflers.

Looks very interesting. With their guarantee, I don't see how you could go wrong. I like American ingenuity. No gimick here, just an idea. No claims for power increase and they use stock HD mufflers.

Where's the advantage of a system like this if the restrictive stock mufflers are still in place? The gain in any exhaust system is due to increased flow and with the stock mufflers, no matter how pretty a system looks it's still got the cork in the end of the muffler.

No claims for power increase and they use stock HD mufflers.
That's because there is no gain with just a change of pipes. The only advantage would be on the newer bikes with the cat in the head pipe.

Glider, did you happen to watch their video and stuff? Would they be just as restrictive as the stock mufflers?

If so...no thanks.I was just intrigued by the "Tone Flex System"

Maybe I am wrong, again, but I thought they said that they removed the stock baffles. It seems like they said something like there was some sort of baffling (is that a word?) that went around the muffler body. If that was too loud for you, there were two different baffles you could add one of which would bring you back to near stock sound levels.

The appeal to me is in being able to change the baffles in a few minutes with just an allen wrench.

Every other slip-on I have ever seen claims to add power. In this case it is all about the different sound levels and that stock HD cases are used.

I know nothing about these mufflers other than what is on their web site so I am not pushing them. It seems to me they are honest in what you get and do not make any claims other than their guarantee.

Glider, did you happen to watch their video and stuff? Would they be just as restrictive as the stock mufflers?

If so...no thanks.I was just intrigued by the "Tone Flex System"

I would just as soon buy a muffler that is manufactured to the desired level or tone as opposed to one that is modified after it is manufactured. JMHO

Maybe I am wrong, again, but I thought they said that they removed the stock baffles. It seems like they said something like there was some sort of baffling (is that a word?) that went around the muffler body. If that was too loud for you, there were two different baffles you could add one of which would bring you back to near stock sound levels.

The appeal to me is in being able to change the baffles in a few minutes with just an allen wrench.

Every other slip-on I have ever seen claims to add power. In this case it is all about the different sound levels and that stock HD cases are used.

I know nothing about these mufflers other than what is on their web site so I am not pushing them. It seems to me they are honest in what you get and do not make any claims other than their guarantee.

In the original post the part in Red is an email they sent me stating "run faster", "more torque". I am just courious about weather or not they are free flowing mufflers or restricted like stock mufflers. I am right in the middle of the Stage 1 upgrade and would like to replace my SE Slip-ons with something louder and lower toned. I have been looking at these for a couple months trying to make up my mind.

Glider...you're not helping me fall in love with these you know. I believe in the "Glider Way"

IMO if you keep looking and looking then there is something stopping you buying, i would leave them alone and get what you really want and get the look and sound as you want

That's my problem Hobbit. I don't know what I want. I had my heart set on Rinehart Slip-ons but now I've read on here somewhere that they have changed lately. Have you heard that? Someone said they were hardly louder than stock???

Signed: Confused in Oregon

Back