free website stats program Ambient Air Temperature Gauge Acting Up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ambient Air Temperature Gauge Acting Up

A cheap, stick on thermometer would be more accurate than that air gauge! I don't even know why I bother to glance at it from time to time.

A cheap, stick on thermometer would be more accurate than that air guage! I don't even know why I bother to glance at it from time to time.

Point well taken Horizonchaser, as many have have changed them out for Oil Temp guage, and put Air Temp guage on handlebars or handlebar/mirror mount w/ matching brake reservoir with Clock . But Craig likes his ride's original classic look and function, sometimes it is difficult to find guage that matches EXACTLY... :coffee

. But Craig likes his ride's original classic look and function, sometimes it is difficult to find guage that matches EXACTLY... :coffee

Appreciate everyone's input. Didn't want oil temp gauge. Another dealer in Southern Cal still has a compass gauge in stock from '06 (didn't want that) Figured if we're going toward the beach we're headed South and the mountains North. :) Didn't want a clock since my stereo has that. Figured since my warranty is up April 1, everything should be working properly and not have a little 2 inch gauge bug me for the 1st 10-12 miles of the day.

Took three pictures this weekend with Mz Bling's help at 40,220 40,333 and 40,444 with the gauge maxed at 130 degrees. Just got back from the dealer and there going to order a gauge. We do have a great dealer here in Southern Cal. No complaints. They were told by MOCO to replace the sensor first. It seems like they would of done both and saved on Warranty labor. Oh well.

OK, it has been a while. My dealer forgot to order the gauge. Reminded them 8 days later. Gauge came in (5 days later) and made appointment. (5 days later) Got there and wrong gauge, black face not silver. New gauge finally came in (5 days later) and has been installed for 2 weeks with no issues. Also, had them check for broken fairing bracket (thanks to HD Talking) when replacing gauge and sure enough, left side broken and replaced even though warranty was up April 1. Maybe should of caught it first time around when replacing the sensor? Until next posting, keeping the Queen (MZ BLING) Happy. :)

Good deal Craig, like I suspected, pretty hard to get EXACTLY what you want unless your persistant...and boy o boy you certainly are to be congratulated. Keep that great SoCal tradition going...there is no substitute for the genuine article to be sure!

For the life of me I don't get an air temperature guage that is both highly suspect and hard to see. I put the oil temp on my '09 and loved it. Indeed it gave me something to look at that mattered. I haven't figured out where to put one on my '11 CVO SG becasue they added all those speakers:D

Back