free website stats program Am I wrong wanting to buy a 1998 Dyna Convertible with 37,000 miles? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I wrong wanting to buy a 1998 Dyna Convertible with 37,000 miles?

Your Dad is giving you some good advice because between now and Fall you are going to come across a lot of options to fill your need. And the best part you may not need to trade sport bike in and have 2 bikes....:confused:[/QUOTE I've advertised
Your Dad is giving you some good advice because between now and Fall you are going to come across a lot of options to fill your need. And the best part you may not need to trade sport bike in and have 2 bikes....:confused:
The 2010 Wide Glide I mentioned is going for $13,500 Canadian. The new ones here are $25,000 or more out-the-door. It has Short Stops which sound good. It has 5,500 kilometers. Have you ever ridden this bike?
Would it be too much of a chopper bike, which wouldn't handle as good as a Superglide for example?

The 2010 Wide Glide I mentioned is going for $13,500 Canadian. The new ones here are $25,000 or more out-the-door. It has Short Stops which sound good. It has 5,500 kilometers. Have you ever ridden this bike?
Would it be too much of a chopper bike, which wouldn't handle as good as a Superglide for example?
The wide Glide is the Dyna family, tho the Wide Glide has the skinny tire up front

Like everyone has said, keep your eyes open and ride any bike before you buy it... Just last year i got a 2012 Dyna with 3000 miles on it for less than $10,000 from a dealership in St. Pete, FL.

89-94 cases had weak spots, your engine has a plastic breather( they tend to distort and score) in the cam chest, the inner cam bearings were weak (INA) should be replaced with Timkens. On the plus side ALL EVO engines had an overhead tappet screen you could remove and clean during oil changes
# 3 and 4 below
5421_30_114.jpg

89-94 cases had weak spots, your engine has a plastic breather( they tend to distort and score) in the cam chest, the inner cam bearings were weak (INA) should be replaced with Timkens. On the plus side ALL EVO engines had an overhead tappet screen you could remove and clean during oil changes
# 3 and 4 below
5421_30_114.jpg
[/QUO
What's your impression of the 1340 '98 Evolution I started my thread with?

I have 2 evo big twins a 92 softail custom and a 94 dyna wide glide both are reliable bikes wife rides the dyna we usually ride them from North east Scotland to Northern Germany every summer bikes get there and back with little drama we ride from here through Scotland to Northern England and take the ferry to Holland and from there on to Germany we visit friends in western Belgium on the loop run home temperatures range from14 centigrade at home to 35 centigrade on mainland Europe bikes do not get hot
Parts are available from various sources I can have aftermarket parts in a few days or wait 3 months to get HD parts
Good reliable comfortable bikes with no real vices and well worth thinking about just because something is new does not make it reliable

Brian

IMO 97 and 98 were good years for EVO engines, My 97 FLHT went 58,000 miles with NO problems other than 1 starter I say go for it;)

Where's the best place to get used or like new Harley parts? Thanks.
Internet shopping is a good place to shop IMO, you are in Canada? I dunno how shipping and tax affects you maybe Geezer can help you with that. J and P catalog is a good source for after market parts
If you are looking for used and genuine NOS parts look here
http://www.elvisplace.com/

Internet shopping is a good place to shop IMO, you are in Canada? I dunno how shipping and tax affects you maybe Geezer can help you with that. J and P catalog is a good source for after market parts
If you are looking for used and genuine NOS parts look here
http://www.elvisplace.com/

Yes I live in Canada. I use Ebay a fair bit, but sometimes the shipping from the USA is really high. Sometimes I've asked the seller if he could lower the shipping costs, and he has said "Yes." Thank you for the referral to
"Elvis' Place".

Back