free website stats program Am I too big | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I too big

I am 205# and 5'9". I own a XL1200N sporty Nightster. I feel like the bike was made for me :). The only thing is, I had to add progressive 412 rear shocks to be able to ride 2 up due to the increased weight. You may want to consider this if you chose a sporty. As far as height, most sporty models have as high or higher centers than their larger brothers.

~owajee

I'm thinking about buying a 1997 1200 but wondering if maybe I'm to big a guy for the bike I'm 6'3 and 245# will I fit?? Bob

Dont think the weight will matter much but, being 6'1 myself and having had a 1200 Sporty ('95) for about 5 years I always felt a little tall for the bike. My knees were a little to high in the air so if I was you I would think at least about foreward-control.

Dont think the weight will matter much but, being 6'1 myself and having had a 1200 Sporty ('95) for about 5 years I always felt a little tall for the bike. My knees were a little to high in the air so if I was you I would think at least about foreward-control.

I agree, put the forward controls on. I am 6'1" 240 and I have the forward controls on. they make all the difference, the riding position is a lot more comftorable with the forward controls.

Back