free website stats program Am I done? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I done?

I don't have any heated gear and probably won't for a few years yet but I'll ride down near freezing as long as there isn't any salt down yet. The bike loves the cooler weather.

Here in Oklahoma we can almost ride year around except for some extremely cold winter days in December-January and February. Rode to work the other day, 5 am, 39 degrees F, 62 miles one way 65-70 mph. I don't use heated gear just leather up. Was cool but not cold. Better than the best cup of java. Oh, incase you are curious, the wind chill at 39 degrees F and 40 mph feels like 10 degrees F.

I'll take cool weather riding over 100 degree temps any day.

Well Gents & Ladies...
It's getting cold in Montreal. Nice & sunny and dry... but it dips to 2 to 5 degrees celcis (42 Farenheit).
This weekend promises to be decent (dry) with no rain but temps will be at a high of 7 celcius (45-50 Farenheit). I am fully heated including seat & grips.. but is it too cold to ride?.

I guess I do care what people think..lol. Just curious as to when you can decide "youre done".
Tks

when i was younger i was never done. when i was in high school i rode every day as long as the snow was not on the road....now i just as soon as someone pokes me with a fork :lolrolling:lolrolling

Don't have heated gear, 40 degrees is the cutoff for me. Rode at 38 earlier this year, a might too chilly, had to defrost my hands before I could let go of the grips....LOL!

Here if you don't ride in the cold, you won't ride that much. This year however it's been wet (understatement) in addition to cool. Kinda bites when you spend an hour or so shining the bike up and within 30 seconds she's a mess from wet roads. If it's above freezing and going to be dry I'll ride. Just throw on the Carhartt coveralls and off to work. The riding season is way too short.

Here in Calgary Alberta Canada you never know what you are going to get for weather due to our close proximity to the Rocky mountains. I have ridden in every month but we have had snow in August too? LOL Rode last weekend and hoping to ride this weekend. I have heated gloves and jacket liner (Gerbing) and that helps alot. I usually say " I ride until the ducks are walking on the water instead of swimming!! " Each person is different. I haven't used my heated gear yet but its getting close. :)

SE Texas, winter is like Fall with the exception of a handful of days. Upper 20s and up, I'm riding. Believe me it ain't the prettiest state in the country but I can honestly say I ride all year round. What it boils down to is common sense; only you know what your limits are. Is riding in 20, 30, or even 40 degree weather to prove you are "da man" worth risking your life for? Just know your limits.

Back