free website stats program Alycat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alycat

Ok, I tried the 46 but no good. Didn't have a 45 so, went with a 44 and seems to be much better. It starts right up, no crankin to much as with the others. Went out for a 20 mile run and Brrrrrrr had to get back. It popped a couple times when at op temp. Maybe move the needle? What dya think?...

If you have the adjustable needle move the clip down i notch towards the point or use 2 #4 washers under it as long as it is in the center groove.

I've got the adjustable needle from the DynoJet kit, it's on the 4th groove from the end. I'll drop it to the 5th groove and try that... Are the #4 washers the same ones that come in the DynoJet kit?

Same washers in the kit.

4 th groove from which end? The washers are used to split the difference (tune) the fuel between two of the grooves. Usually the middle grove on the needle is a good starting point with 2 washers under the clip that raise it up.

You should be pretty close there, with a bit of trial and error should get it running well. Shouldn't need any washers in that position.

Back