free website stats program Alternatives To the Dobeck TFI? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alternatives To the Dobeck TFI?

BUBBIE;
I appreciate your input as always.
I will definitely give Chris a call tomorrow and see what we can work out.
I am more than happy to pay any price difference between a GEN III and the one I have, if there is any.

As I said I was always happy with what the TFI did for performance; I am just a little disillusioned after a second failure. I personally know owners of two other Harley's that have TFI's on them, and they have had no trouble at all after several years of use.

Thanks again, and I will let the forum know how it turns out.
Rod

UPDATE:
I just got off the phone with Chris at Dobeck.
Chris has agreed to send out a new GEN III unit for me to swap for the failed unit, which I will then return to him.
Thanks BUBBIE for making that happen!

Chris is about 95% convinced that it is a wiring failure. He has seen very few electronic failures of TFI's in over 11 years of operation.

He makes a great point about wiring them in. He feels that it is better to leave the injector connections and wiring loose, so that the wire can accomodate the flexing as the engine vibrates. He feels that tie-wripping everything up tight promotes wiring failures. Just thought I woould pass this along.

Looks like we are making progress.
Rod

Back