free website stats program altering stock baffles on v&h big shot duals | Harley Davidson Forums

altering stock baffles on v&h big shot duals

98ROADKING

hi everyone, just waiting impaitently for riding season... ready for the snow to be gone....but what can i expect in ne ohio

anyway i put v&h big shot duals on late last season and want a little louder rumble on my 98 roadking.i have a se stage 1 and tfi fuel tuner. my question is has anyone tried tinkering with the removable stock baffles? i was thinking about pulling them out and cutting about 3" out of the center of the baffle and having them tacked back together.that way if i didn't like the sound i could have the removed piece tacked back in, or try the quiet baffles for deeper sound......any opinions????

thanks r bingham sounds like what i'm lookin for,didn't know to even look for different baffles other than v&h. do you have any experience with either the original or the qq baffles as far as hearing either of them?

hi everyone, just waiting impaitently for riding season... ready for the snow to be gone....but what can i expect in ne ohio

anyway i put v&h big shot duals on late last season and want a little louder rumble on my 98 roadking.i have a se stage 1 and tfi fuel tuner. my question is has anyone tried tinkering with the removable stock baffles? i was thinking about pulling them out and cutting about 3" out of the center of the baffle and having them tacked back together.that way if i didn't like the sound i could have the removed piece tacked back in, or try the quiet baffles for deeper sound......any opinions????

I did the same thing but with the SE II mufflers. Even though the cut baffles did not sound bad, I was worried about back pressure. I ended up going with the BCT head pipe baffles. This not only gave excellent sound, but added the proper back pressure and gave it a little more kick. Give them a call at Big City Thunder, you will be surprised and impressed.:newsmile011:

Back